Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My gardens are picking up momentum!

I think the coach pulls the boy into a secret room after class for "special Education".
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

Wow! We had a nice couple of rains and I went out this afternoon and ended up pulling a couple dz really nice size zucchini about 8" long and a decent 2 1/2" in diameter. Not a blemish on any of them. Then I picked 3 one gallon bags packed full of spinach and a gallon bag on asparagus. Green beans are coming in strong too. Past two days I've filled a 5gal bucket. I'll Crank up the freeze dryer tomorrow.
    My corn is about 4' plus now and already has tassels and little ears with silk starting to come out. It's gonna be a GOOD year! Potatoes are almost ready too. The tops are falling over and starting to turn brown. Tomatoes a huge but still green.

Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    Wow! We had a nice couple of rains and I went out this afternoon and ended up pulling a couple dz really nice size zucchini about 8" long and a decent 2 1/2" in diameter. Not a blemish on any of them. Then I picked 3 one gallon bags packed full of spinach and a gallon bag on asparagus. Green beans are coming in strong too. Past two days I've filled a 5gal bucket. I'll Crank up the freeze dryer tomorrow.
    My corn is about 4' plus now and already has tassels and little ears with silk starting to come out. It's gonna be a GOOD year! Potatoes are almost ready too. The tops are falling over and starting to turn brown. Tomatoes a huge but still green.
    Why not just rub it in Cammie !! I just got my taters and onions planted, and some cabbage and broccoli. Need to hold off on everything else, supposed to get cooler this weekend, afraid to plant anything that might freeze, we usually have our last frost the middle of May. You got my mouth watering over that zucchini, just the size I like.

Sorry bam but I got bragging rights! LOL.
    I did an egg and milk batter on those zucchini yesterday. Damn they were good! I sliced them home style ( round cuts) and soaked them in egg and milk, them dusted with flour, salt and pepper, then back in the egg and milk batter and dusted again and dropped them in a deep fryer until golden. Good old country style fried zucchini! Yummy! Boiled some green beans in salt water and bacon grease and we had thick pork loin on the grill over mesquite and applewood. Mmmmmm!