Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ghosts

Default ghosts

Fontaine's post on aliens got me to thinking ( or rather the gears grinding back to life ) , about another topic.

Anyone on here have experiences with " ghosts " ?

I love this topic as well. I haven't had any personal experiences with ghosts, but I definitely found some great footage of alleged ghost sightings on YouTube.

Here's a video of some of the more "convincing" ghost images ever captured.

The wife is sensitive to them and can sense their presence... with a bit of her encouragement I've been able to develop the skill a bit... it's a vague sensation that's hard to describe. It's rare to encounter something actually hostile, but of course those are the ones that get most people's attention. We've long since tired of trying to "prove" anything to those who haven't cultivated the ability... it's like trying to prove the color blue exists to a blind man. Sometimes we watch the paranormal researcher shows and have a bit of fun pointing out plausible debunks they missed and alternate theories they overlooked. But we get bored of them in fairly short order... basically, if it's something you see as seeking proof it's interesting but to us it seems like proving the next door neighbor exists... yeah, he exists... so? He tends his business and we tend ours... not all that interesting.

The wife was in a hospital bed next to an old gal who passed away while she was there. Wife heard the death rattle and shortly after felt the presence at her bedside. Wife acknowledged her presence but told her "sorry, I have no help for you but to go to the light... so just go..." She went... that simple. Big snafu with the body though... logistics with the hospital clergy, the family and their own pastor... wife laid next to the dead body for 7 hours while they were figuring it out. I showed up and took my wife on a wheelchair tour of the hospital while they got her a new room.

When people ask what it feels like she says it's like a pressure sensation on that side, and often a tingle like static electriciry... and if she tunes in, she can get a mental impression of a face or voice.
    Last edited by bruss01; 04-23-2017 at 05:28 PM.
    In a crazy world, it's the crazy man who can get by - and it's about to get cray-cray up in here.

Quote Originally Posted by bruss01 View Post
    The wife is sensitive to them and can sense their presence... with a bit of her encouragement I've been able to develop the skill a bit... it's a vague sensation that's hard to describe. It's rare to encounter something actually hostile, but of course those are the ones that get most people's attention. We've long since tired of trying to "prove" anything to those who haven't cultivated the ability... it's like trying to prove the color blue exists to a blind man. Sometimes we watch the paranormal researcher shows and have a bit of fun pointing out plausible debunks they missed and alternate theories they overlooked. But we get bored of them in fairly short order... basically, if it's something you see as seeking proof it's interesting but to us it seems like proving the next door neighbor exists... yeah, he exists... so? He tends his business and we tend ours... not all that interesting.
    Did you or your wife ever mess with Ouija boards? As much as I like the topic of ghosts, I don't think I'd ever screw with something like that. It's like playing with fire and asking for trouble IMO.

Most people who mess with a Ouija board are going to either creep themselves out or invite something nasty into their lives. Its about the same as doing donuts in your car... at best a cheap thrill and at worst, real trouble. Someone who knows what they are doing can use it as a tool but imho the reasons for doing that are pretty few and account for less than 1% of what they actually get used for.

To answer your question mre directly yes, we have "supervised" when some friends wanted to experiment with one at a halloween party. It was pretty tame... once they on the other side figured out some of us could sense them they didn't want to move the planchette... to them it was like tapping out morse code to someone standing right in front of you... they preferred to converse instead (understandable) but it took away from the experience our friends wanted to have using the board.
    Last edited by bruss01; 04-23-2017 at 05:41 PM.
    In a crazy world, it's the crazy man who can get by - and it's about to get cray-cray up in here.

I hesitated to start this thread for fear that you all would think I'm off my rocker, especially after my " UFO " encounter, but hell everyone who knows me thinks I'm half a bubble off plumb anyway . HAHA .

besides my one UFO encounter , I have had some weird experiences over the years with what could be considered by some to be " ghosts " , although I am not convinced. But the " sightings " were certainly strange to say the least.

I've spent countless thousands of hours out in the field over the years hunting , fishing , and trapping, both in low light conditions and during darkness, and seen many " apparitions " that could be explained as ghosts but more likely were due to fog, weather conditions, fatigue, etc., so I won't even bore you with them. I have however, seen things in broad daylight or full light indoors that I cannot easily explain.

The first case I will relate was nothing visible but rather audible.

We had just moved into our house which was built on a site where Indians used to camp, I have found a box full of old arrowheads on the site, as well as civil war relics where the confederates camped during the war. My wife began telling me of seeing a young woman, long dark hair , thin, very similar in appearance to my wife, who is also part Indian. She claimed to have caught glimpses of her once in a while throughout our house. Of course I thought it was her imagination, because she has always been intrigued by ghosts and has volumes of books on ghost stories.

One day while she was fixing dinner, I was in my shop just finishing gluing together a picture frame and I heard her yell down the steps , " supper's ready " . I walked upstairs and she was at the stove, just turning off the burners. It didn't dawn on me at the time how she could have made it from the top of the stairs to the stove that quickly, and when she turned she looked surprised. She asked how I knew it was ready, and I said " You yelled for me " . She said no I didn't, and her eyes got wide. She swears to this day she did not yell down to me, but I heard it as plain as day.

After our daughter was born there were several times while she was young that she says she saw a woman who looked like her mommy walk into her room, late at night , after my wife and I had gone to bed. She said she never felt afraid, because she knew it was a " friendly ghost " .

My neighbor , who is now deceased, swore he sat in our basement one day and talked to my wife, while we were both upstairs , her fixing dinner and me on a phone call beside her in the kitchen.

OK , best for last, about 7 years ago, I was sitting at the kitchen table on the computer, the bedroom door opened , I glanced up quickly and saw my wife, or who I thought was her, walk out of the bedroom. Same height, long dark hair, long nighty she wore to bed. I continued what I was doing and she walked through the kitchen and stopped in front of the fridge instead of heading to her coffee pot. I looked up to she why she stopped and she vanished.

MY wife has always believed that this " woman " was her daughter. My wife had a son, by another man before we met, and he had a twin sister, but her Ex, pushed her down the stairs while she was pregnant and she lost the girl. What is really strange is that since my stepson got killed in 2013, none of us has seen or heard from this " ghost " . My wife swears it was his sister waiting for him to be with her.

Only had one experience with a Ouija board, I was in college at a party, half drunk, a bunch of girls were using it and getting all freaked out, swearing they were in contact with a ghost. One girl really became upset and left , and they talked me into taking her place. I " played " for a while and I definitely did " feel " something other - worldly , but I'm fairly certain it was just the sexy blonde to my left rubbing up against me.

It was my duty and sincere pleasure to comfort her in her time of distress.

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    I hesitated to start this thread for fear that you all would think I'm off my rocker, especially after my " UFO " encounter, but hell everyone who knows me thinks I'm half a bubble off plumb anyway . HAHA .

besides my one UFO encounter , I have had some weird experiences over the years with what could be considered by some to be " ghosts " , although I am not convinced. But the " sightings " were certainly strange to say the least.

I've spent countless thousands of hours out in the field over the years hunting , fishing , and trapping, both in low light conditions and during darkness, and seen many " apparitions " that could be explained as ghosts but more likely were due to fog, weather conditions, fatigue, etc., so I won't even bore you with them. I have however, seen things in broad daylight or full light indoors that I cannot easily explain.

The first case I will relate was nothing visible but rather audible.

We had just moved into our house which was built on a site where Indians used to camp, I have found a box full of old arrowheads on the site, as well as civil war relics where the confederates camped during the war. My wife began telling me of seeing a young woman, long dark hair , thin, very similar in appearance to my wife, who is also part Indian. She claimed to have caught glimpses of her once in a while throughout our house. Of course I thought it was her imagination, because she has always been intrigued by ghosts and has volumes of books on ghost stories.

One day while she was fixing dinner, I was in my shop just finishing gluing together a picture frame and I heard her yell down the steps , " supper's ready " . I walked upstairs and she was at the stove, just turning off the burners. It didn't dawn on me at the time how she could have made it from the top of the stairs to the stove that quickly, and when she turned she looked surprised. She asked how I knew it was ready, and I said " You yelled for me " . She said no I didn't, and her eyes got wide. She swears to this day she did not yell down to me, but I heard it as plain as day.

After our daughter was born there were several times while she was young that she says she saw a woman who looked like her mommy walk into her room, late at night , after my wife and I had gone to bed. She said she never felt afraid, because she knew it was a " friendly ghost " .

My neighbor , who is now deceased, swore he sat in our basement one day and talked to my wife, while we were both upstairs , her fixing dinner and me on a phone call beside her in the kitchen.

OK , best for last, about 7 years ago, I was sitting at the kitchen table on the computer, the bedroom door opened , I glanced up quickly and saw my wife, or who I thought was her, walk out of the bedroom. Same height, long dark hair, long nighty she wore to bed. I continued what I was doing and she walked through the kitchen and stopped in front of the fridge instead of heading to her coffee pot. I looked up to she why she stopped and she vanished.

MY wife has always believed that this " woman " was her daughter. My wife had a son, by another man before we met, and he had a twin sister, but her Ex, pushed her down the stairs while she was pregnant and she lost the girl. What is really strange is that since my stepson got killed in 2013, none of us has seen or heard from this " ghost " . My wife swears it was his sister waiting for him to be with her.
    Thanks for sharing your stories bambam. As for people who mock UFO's and ghost believers; I think most of them are just having a few laughs. I also believe that hardcore skeptics purposely try to discount the belief in Ghosts/Aliens because to admit that there's even a slight possibility of them being real or existing is terrifying to them. I was always interested in ghost topics, because (for me at least), it would prove the existence of an afterlife and therefore prove the existence of God. I believe most ghosts are the souls of people who have many regrets in life, and were not ready to move on. It's sad really. I don't want to be one of those spirits when my time comes, so I always try to stay right by God, and I also try to move on with my life rather than live in regret.

Regrets, or tangled up in some way that won't let them let go and move on.

One anniversary we spent the whole night at a "haunted" boys reform school (organized group outing). It was in service about 100 years. This was on a full moon and it was a beautiful night... there were bats and hoot owls and starry skies of infinite depth... very romantic but tragically not private enough to take full advantage of the ambience. Zero, top dead center, paranormal activity though. Wife and I got alone for a bit and "tuned in"... the place was litterally packed with those who hadn't moved on but they weren't interested... like they didn't know we were there... residuals, maybe.

Wife worked on a volunteer crew cleaning up the place though and had an encounter there in broad daylight once... I forget the details but it gave her a bit of a start... they are mostly harmless but they have a tendency to tap into your personal energy like you are a battery. Wife figured this out and put a stop to it, some other volunteers werent that savvy and wondered why they always felt drained. One especially was incautious and formed an attachment with something and it started following her home. Everyone gave her good advice on breaking it off but we eventually discovered she liked the attention and excitement so good luck with that, lady. Like feeding damn stray cats, it can be hard to get rid of them once you've encouraged them.
    Last edited by bruss01; 04-23-2017 at 06:27 PM.