Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: N. K. launches another failed missile.........

Posted by Alaska,

What does he want? He wants street cred.
    I tend to agree with this statement. However...there is a caveat to those who are thinkers and not emoters....or with a television and movie education...in fear controls.ps

Want credibility today....don't just spend monies on your military ...but get your economy working to the point where it produces goods and services to your people...sufficient to produce a surplus which can be traded on the open market for the things you need and cannot produce yourself.

This is how wise and intelligent leaders work for their nation...they are not bondage masters...holding their country and people in servitude.

Bring up the standard of living of your people to something above subsistence living...and or starvation.

Almost anyone can loot their country and surround themselves with a military which holds it's own people hostage and in bondage...that is not difficult to do.

Want credibility...get your economy working and raise the standard of living of your own people....that will get you credibility.

This is a lot more difficult to do than producing nuclear weapons, a military, and their respective delivery platforms.

This North Korean fellow is clearly not a Solomon. For that matter...neither are many of our leaders.

Remember now dumb and ignorant the Democrats really are. They can redistribute the wealth created by people with know how to create real wealth..but cannot create conditions to facilitate the creation of more wealth or the initiative to so do. In this the Democrats are not far removed from this North Korean fellow...they can cause/sponsor chaos/ confusion/ and fear...but not create conditions to get an economy going in 8 years. And you folks are scared of this North Korean fellow????
    And right now....the "Deep State" is attempting to return to this condition of chaos/confusion/and fear....wealth Redistribution...but not wealth creation. And I mean both political parties.

We have our own Kim Jon Un's or whatever his name is.....right here in America...and more to come.

With their operating philosophy...NK could invade and conquer South Korea and loot/take everything back across the border and in 20 years they would be right back where they are today....economically in the toilet.

Also ...find one of our phony news outlets in the MSM here in America who will present this line of thought...ie...credibility to the American People. They too have little credit with me....for their brand of phony and fear mongering. And also remember...the MSM is a shill for the US Government. Birds of a Feather and all that stuff.

Now as to this...

I have been told that our current navy has a hard time locating the old diesel subs, that its not impossible just harder...
    Pretty easy to see what COULD happen pretty effortlessly if the right plans were put into action.

Believe this if you want....I don't. If we can't locate them it is because we don't want to find them.....Politics.

Here think this through.

https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/...eadphones.html

The stories I hear are that with the electronic advances in the last 15+ years and continuing....we can pick up targets out to sea and we are sitting at the pier in Pearl Harbor...Norfolk....San Diego..Guam..etc.

My .02,
    Orangetom

Not an Ishmaelite.
    Last edited by orangetom1999; 05-14-2017 at 11:52 AM.

South Florida, last exit before the keys.

It was just what I heard, from a submariner one time.
    Dunno.
    I'm not saying it is the gospel or anything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    One day somebody's gonna have to make a stand,
    One day somebody's gotta say enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman1 View Post
    It was just what I heard, from a submariner one time.
    Dunno.
    I'm not saying it is the gospel or anything.

Hey .. no problem Sandman.

There has been a significant upgrade in the sonar systems from the older 688 class boats to the newer Virginia class boats...almost a quantum leap..

And I have worked on both types of boats.

I've said enough here to know on this with the Bose ad....the older systems most likely not as good....but the newer systems definitely an improvement ....a quantum leap.

And the remaining 688 class boats have been so upgraded or in process.

Once again ...as I am oft want to state...listen carefully for what is not being said. Watch/listen to the negative on the film..not only the positive.

Thanks,
    Orangetom
    Last edited by orangetom1999; 07-23-2017 at 09:23 AM.

I believe both China and Russia can be trusted.......................To do what they feel is best for their respective countries. That is only natural and the way it should be for all countries.
    I can see no way this Korea deal works out well for anyone.

hiwall

I believe both China and Russia can be trusted.......................To do what they feel is best for their respective countries. That is only natural and the way it should be for all countries.
    I can see no way this Korea deal works out well for anyone.

Yeah ...It so seems Hiwall. I am thinking in parallel here.

"I can see no way this Korea deal works out well for anyone."

It seems that there are those here who have that philosophy...."no way Trump works out well for anyone." And they are causing and manufacturing any and every chaos and confusion to make this happen. Same thing or similar pattern with North Korea.

I do tend to agree with you about China and Russia. They would indeed do what they feel best for their respective countries. And yes...so too for all countries.

Well said...well said!!

Thanks ,

Orangetom
    Last edited by orangetom1999; 07-23-2017 at 09:24 AM.

Here is the big question. Since Lil Kim can now send an empty missile to the far reaches of low earth orbit, what is stopping him from putting a nuke in low earth orbit and detonating it over any target he chooses?
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Quote Originally Posted by 91CavGT View Post
    Here is the big question. Since Lil Kim can now send an empty missile to the far reaches of low earth orbit, what is stopping him from putting a nuke in low earth orbit and detonating it over any target he chooses?

Quid Quo Pro.

Thanks,
    Orangetom

Quote Originally Posted by 91CavGT View Post
    He has had that capability for awhile now. He does have those two satellites in orbit right now and they have been there for a couple years or so.
    All missiles any country has, have a lift weight limit. If you have a missile with say a 200 pound payload weight limit but your smallest nuke weighs 500 pounds, then you can not use it in that missile. You need a lighter nuke or a larger missile. I don't know how small North Korea has made their nukes. They might be bigger than a school bus or smaller than a refrigerator. In this case size does make a difference.

South Florida, last exit before the keys.

In this case size does make a difference.

Lol. In alot of other cases as well

One day somebody's gonna have to make a stand,
    One day somebody's gotta say enough!

Quote Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
    He has had that capability for awhile now. He does have those two satellites in orbit right now and they have been there for a couple years or so.
    All missiles any country has, have a lift weight limit. If you have a missile with say a 200 pound payload weight limit but your smallest nuke weighs 500 pounds, then you can not use it in that missile. You need a lighter nuke or a larger missile. I don't know how small North Korea has made their nukes. They might be bigger than a school bus or smaller than a refrigerator. In this case size does make a difference.
    Well, seeing how this missile made it to 1,200 miles up and low earth orbit starts at 95 miles up, I would say they could put a lot of weight on that missile and still get it into orbit.

But like you said, size does matter. The Starfish Prime test occurred at a 250 mile elevation, was 1.4 megaton in size, was only 20 inches in diameter, somewhere around 58 inches long, and weighed about 1600 pounds.

The Thor rocket that sent the nuke up in the Starfish Prime test had a maximum range of only 2500 km which is 2000 km LESS than the missile Lil Kim launched over the weekend.

While I can not find any payload info as of yet for the missile that was tested over the weekend (Hwasong-12), a smaller version of this missile (Hwasong-10) has a max payload of 1200 kg which would be large enough for the Starfish Prime nuke.

So as of right now, it seems like the biggest limitation of North Korea hitting us is just the size of the nuke blast. While a 30 kiloton blast would do some damage, it would not be nearly as damaging as a 1.4 megaton blast.

In conclusion, yeah, size does matter!
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best