Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: N. K. launches another failed missile.........

Wasn't an ICBM test one of Trumps red lines?

Quote Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
    Wasn't an ICBM test one of Trumps red lines?
    I'm pretty sure it was.

I don't know if this is true or not but I saw a tweet that stated certain air space in that area has been closed to commercial flights. This happened AFTER the missile test.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

I think a red line means a red line with Trump.
    This could turn out bad for many many people.

South Florida, last exit before the keys.

http://m.disclose.tv/news/hawaii_bra..._attack/139763

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    One day somebody's gonna have to make a stand,
    One day somebody's gotta say enough!

Maybe Trump can move the red line Oh just a smidge due east of Hawaii! Lol
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

If North Korea was to try to hit Hawaii....they must hit the island of Oahu wherein is located the Navy Base at Pearl Harbor. This is where and through which many parts come to support our ships and planes stationed throughout the Pacific Ocean. They (parts) also come from out at our California bases...to Hawaii and parts of the Orient.
    Extensive dry-docking space is located there at Pearl Harbor. Right next to the Navy base is located Hickam Air Force Base...with it's long runway....also the commercial airport.

This also means that Japan wherein is stationed one of our Nimitz class carriers would need to be hit. Guam from wherein is based a number of our Nuclear Fast Attack submarines carrying the Tomahawk Missile...and also the submarine tenders. The Boomer Submarines often stop on Guam for Parts or supplies.

This kind of thing is more than just Hawaii.

The photo of that North Korean submarine is of a attack type submarine. This kind of submarine is not suited to launching a ICBM type missile without extreme modifications.

Once the missile is launched from the tube..the tube must remain flooded with sea water for the submarine to remain submerged.

Someone is gaslighting us here.

The method used by America in testing our early ICBM missiles for underwater launch was to build a single missile silo and submerge it and then test the launch from just below the surface.

This is how ICBMs are launched from a submarine ..from somewhere around periscope depth...not hundreds of feet down underwater. We do not launch ICBM's from a surface ship...nor a surfaced submarine.

Launching from a surfaced submarine would make the submarine to vulnerable.

The ICBM missiles we use weigh around 60,000 pounds each. They must be launched in a bubble of rapidly expanding gas...to reach the surface and then rise some 20 to 30 feet above the water before the rocket motor is ignited. This is a very very powerful gas canister used in the launching of these heavy missiles. The rapidly expanding gas also helps keep the missile dry and in a bubble on its way to the surface. If the motor does not ignite the submarine below is in a bad situation..when the missile comes back down. Thirty tons of missile.

You must have positive control over the missile motor ignition.

The concept of the North Koreans launching a ICBM from a conventional attack submarine is laughable. They can do the same thing from a temporary submerged launch tube....designed for just such an endeavor. This is a good way to lose a submarine in the experimental stages.

A conventional submarine is a very expensive project..

A ICBM class submarine is even more expensive....unbelievably expensive. Such an project could bankrupt a nation with a delicate economy. I am talking here a conventional ICBM submarine...a nuclear powered ICBM submarine even more expensive.

Free ...no cover charge.

My maddening .02,

Orangetom
    Last edited by orangetom1999; 07-23-2017 at 10:20 AM.

Damn Tom you know your sh-t, I mean ships.
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Thanks OrangeTom for the run down of what is needed for lauching an ICBM, I didn't realize so much technology was needed, or that they weigh so much and require a gas expulsion.....neat !

NK better get thier aim perfectly, because they are only going to get one shot at it before we turn them into a parking lot.

I believe I read awhile back that the last Russian sub missile launch was done when it was over 100 feet under the surface. I was very surprised when I read that as I had always thought the sub had to be just below the water surface.

Note: been doing some reading and supposedly everybody can launch at 150 feet. Any more than that might be possible but is classified.
    Last edited by hiwall; 07-22-2017 at 10:59 AM.

North Korea has already launched a missile from a submarine. I don't not know what kind of missile it was (definitely not an ICBM) but they did launch one. It was a semi success. I say that because the video showed the missile breach the surface of the water, then as it was about to come back down the motor fired up instead of the motor firing as the missile was still moving.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best