Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: N. K. launches another failed missile.........

Quote Originally Posted by Fontaine View Post
    It looks like some of you guys actually served in South Korea, and know about the military capabilities of North Korea from first hand experience. I was always under the impression that they had obsolete equipment, and that we would beat the crap out of them with our superior military equipment, training, and experience.
    Their equipment is old and outdated....but they have tons of it and with 10 Million soldiers in their Armed forces the have basically unlimited manpower

If the North were to launch a surprise attack on the South they could kill Millions in the first day, they could easily wipe out the 30,000 US troops stationed along the DMZ even if they only used pitchforks

Don't underestimate a fanatic with a 10 million man army
    Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

South Florida, last exit before the keys.

Nicely put Tdale...
    When I was there I remember the cold was unbearable... I remember thinking how in hell could someone fight in this crap.
    I would be in my hide along the DMZ, looking either through my rifle scope or the spotting scope in full
    Polly pros
    Bear suit
    Gortex
    (Which was the triple layer uniform we had to wear due to the freezing ass cold.)
    The North Korea soldiers would be accross the DMZ
    Running P.t. in boots, bdu pants and no shirts, hats, or gloves.
    Singing cadence, laughing, and taunting us.

Yes you have to watch out for these kinds of people.
    They are fanatical and dangerous.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    One day somebody's gonna have to make a stand,
    One day somebody's gotta say enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman1 View Post
    Nicely put Tdale...
    When I was there I remember the cold was unbearable... I remember thinking how in hell could someone fight in this crap.
    I would be in my hide along the DMZ, looking either through my rifle scope or the spotting scope in full
    Polly pros
    Bear suit
    Gortex
    (Which was the triple layer uniform we had to wear due to the freezing ass cold.)
    The North Korea soldiers would be accross the DMZ
    Running P.t. in boots, bdu pants and no shirts, hats, or gloves.
    Singing cadence, laughing, and taunting us.

Yes you have to watch out for these kinds of people.
    They are fanatical and dangerous.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    When I was at Osan we had to go to the Korean National Police range for some of our tactical maneuvers. We didn't have a range big enough at Osan to do live fire with our machineguns. We were maybe...1000yards south of the DMZ. We could see the cleared area which delineated the DMZ, the fences separating North and South Korea, and the observation/gun towers on the NK side. While looking through binocs I saw one of the NK guards in one of the towers aiming his weapon in our direction. My thoughts were, "this could get real interesting real fast!" Also, during my tour, a couple of times we had NK infiltrators get on Osan AB. That made for some exciting times also. IIRC, DEFCON yellow was the normal, day to day status. And just before I got there, a U.S. two man patol was jumped on the DMZ, killed, their radios, uniforms, weapons and vehicle (M151-A jeep were taken. It definitely WAS NOT a vacation resort. Added: a bit more history. In June 1950, when North Korea invaded South Korea, they killed almost the entire complement of the 3rd Air Police squadron at Kimpo AB, and hung the bodies on meat hooks in one of the hangars. So, if it happens, we had damned well better be ready or one hell of a fight. As someone already pointed out, they're a bunch of crazed fanatics. And, yeah, it gets colder than a well digger's butt in the Klondike in the winter. I spent a tour at both Minot, North Dakota, and Malmstrom, Montana, and I think Korea had the hardest, bitterest cold I've ever experienced in my life. I can just imagine having to fight in that kind of cold.
    Last edited by beowulf; 04-17-2017 at 08:39 AM.

There are now reports of convoys (yes, plural) of military vehicles in China heading to the North Korean border and a makeshift hospital is being built on their border. At the same time, there is a video showing a train full of military vehicles in Russia heading to the North Korean border. We are putting on a show of force in the water's surrounding North Korea while China and Russia are putting on a show of force on land to the north of North Korea.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

I believe China and Russia are planning to use their troops to keep North Korean refugees inside North Korea if or when we attack.

It looks as though China has put their bombers on high alert. There has been a frenzy in the last day or two to get them ready for deployment.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

I think I'll go buy some coffee and more beans
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

What if its subterfuge and they have missiles that work ?
    Cry in training - laugh in battle

We'll shoot them down...........over Russia
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tdale View Post
    Their equipment is old and outdated....but they have tons of it and with 10 Million soldiers in their Armed forces the have basically unlimited manpower

If the North were to launch a surprise attack on the South they could kill Millions in the first day, they could easily wipe out the 30,000 US troops stationed along the DMZ even if they only used pitchforks

Don't underestimate a fanatic with a 10 million man army
    In your opinion, do you think they could take all of South Korea, before the US and its' allies could launch a counterattack to repel them?
    Last edited by Fontaine; 04-20-2017 at 08:53 PM.