Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This 100-year-old explosion dwarfs the 'mother of all bombs'

Back some years ago I was wanting to spread ammonia nitrate fertilizer on some land was trying to reclaim ownership on.

Use to be you could go buy a couple of tons without any problem.
    That's changed now. don't remember all the details that I was given on purchasing it like my father use to.
    I just said forget it. Didn't get the land either.

Had to be careful that it didn't even fall off the back the pickup, cause it would go boom.

I miss Al, he'd be telling us about real big explosions

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Or that it's a false-flag operation by the gummermint
    Good medicine in bad places

Quote Originally Posted by Tdale View Post
    I miss Al, he'd be telling us about real big explosions

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    +1.

Joe - NY

From Nicor,

Back some years ago I was wanting to spread ammonia nitrate fertilizer on some land was trying to reclaim ownership on.

Back when that business happened in the Federal Building in Oklahoma City ...I remembered that I had two large bags of nitrate fertilizer in my garage where they had been for years and years...purchased by my dad and stored there. I took them off the bench wherein they had been stored for so long. They were hard as a rock the the paper package was dry rotting.

I dragged them to the garden by my wheel barrow...and broke them up. It was sufficiently hardened that I had to break it up slowly ...It was some kid of white crystals. I broke it up and turned it over into the garden...with the tiller.

I just got to thinking I did not need to be keeping that in my garage for so long...where it had been forgotten until Oklahoma City brought it to my attention.

I never thought of it being bomb making material....until that news broke..but yes....you could get it easily at one time all across this country.

Orangetom