Thread: The map that shows why Russia fears war with the US.

Default The map that shows why Russia fears war with the US.

This is very interesting!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L6hIlfHWaGU
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Wow!!!

Thanks Camouflaged for bringing this to my attention.

I was aware that we had been surrounding Iran.....but had not projected it to Russia.

You have given me more about which to digest in my thinking apparatus.

Orangetom

Following that map through history does enlighten the prospects, doesn't it? Russia has literally been whittled away over the years.
    A dear and life-long friend of ours is from Estonia and is a Sociology professor at Texas A&M. He is huge into the history of Russia and says this map is extremely accurate. Before Estonia separated from Russia, Russia made almost identically the same threats as it is now making to the US. He says it's vertically verbatim, word for word. Estonia ignored Russia and proceeded to secede from Russia successfully, and is still independant. Russia has tried several times to regain it's hold on Estonia but has failed every attempt.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Interesting, but I would need to check every one of his facts to trust them. At least one is wrong, and it is a pretty big one....

He shows that the Soviet Union collapsed in 1999 (not just a slip of the tong, he has it on his slide) when in fact it was dissolved in 1991. The collapse of the Soviet Union is generally accepted as being in 1989 because the Berlin Wall "fell" on November 9, 1989 when the East German Gov't allowed open travel to the west.

Even though everything he says sounds "about right" and makes sense, if he got this one basic fact wrong, what else is wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by TAC00 View Post
    Interesting, but I would need to check every one of his facts to trust them. At least one is wrong, and it is a pretty big one....

He shows that the Soviet Union collapsed in 1999 (not just a slip of the tong, he has it on his slide) when in fact it was dissolved in 1991. The collapse of the Soviet Union is generally accepted as being in 1989 because the Berlin Wall "fell" on November 9, 1989 when the East German Gov't allowed open travel to the west.

Even though everything he says sounds "about right" and makes sense, if he got this one basic fact wrong, what else is wrong?
    Read the forum comments under that video.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicor View Post
    +1
    Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

I hadn't read the comments. Just watched the vid. I don't know Russian history dates or when, who or why they engaged or disengaged. The map is accurate though.
    Last edited by Camouflaged; 04-14-2017 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicor View Post
    Went back and read the comments. Most of them seem to be saying abut the same thing I did. His facts are just not right.

Mountains & Lakes of the extreme NorthEast

Quote Originally Posted by TAC00 View Post
    Went back and read the comments. Most of them seem to be saying abut the same thing I did. His facts are just not right.
    Well, who pays any attention to a bunch of random people in a forum anyway ?