Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: 'MOTHER OF ALL BOMBS': US drops massive bomb in Afghanistan

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman1 View Post
    MOAB COST

The US's Massive Ordnance Air Blast bomb does not cost $314 million, or $16 million, but $170,000 a unit, the US Air Force told Business Insider on Friday.

http://www.businessinsider.com/real-...170-000-2017-4

MOP COST

The Massive Ordnance Penetrator, which is heavier and more sophisticated, but carries a smaller payload, had a cost of about $314 million for the first 20 units.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/GBU-...ance_Air_Blast

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Only $170,000........Hell we should be stockpiling them at that cost.
    Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

South Florida, last exit before the keys.

Yup, I agree

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sandman1; 04-15-2017 at 02:02 PM.
    One day somebody's gonna have to make a stand,
    One day somebody's gotta say enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Tdale View Post
    Only $170,000........Hell we should be stockpiling them at that cost.
    I was thinking the same thing, we should have at least 2,000 of them stocked up. We could keep on knocking out all of the cave complex's in Afghanistan if we had more of them, and kept using them every time the tunnels are rebuilt.

It stated blast radius of 1000ft. Ours stated 1 mile. You do the math. Lol
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Maybe we DID have a of them and either Bush or Obama had them dismantled? Obama did say he wanted to reduce our arsenal and military.
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Quote Originally Posted by texasskeeter View Post
    It stated blast radius of 1000ft. Ours stated 1 mile. You do the math. Lol
    44 Tons for the FOAB > 11 Tons for MOAB

The math says FOAB 4X bigger in total yield, therefore it's easy to conclude the FOAB will have a larger blast radius

I think people are confusing Fireball size with blast radius
    Last edited by Tdale; 04-15-2017 at 04:49 PM.
    Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

I was merely pointing out the statements of radius by both articles showing ours larger in size. No where did I state our explosion or anything else was larger. So the articles are wrong not me! Lmao!! Go chastise the Authors! Now conclude that! Lol
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

I don't really care who has the biggest, I just don't want to be within about ten miles of ground zero when either goes "KABLOOOOOOOOIE!!!!!!

Tomorrow when I'm not so tired I might come back and comment. First I need to read it again......an argument over who's is bigger......
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Quote Originally Posted by texasskeeter View Post
    I was merely pointing out the statements of radius by both articles showing ours larger in size. No where did I state our explosion or anything else was larger. So the articles are wrong not me! Lmao!! Go chastise the Authors! Now conclude that! Lol
    I'm not arguing with you, just pointing out that the author of the article you linked to is probably incorrect if he says the MOAB has a blast radius of 1 mile and the FOAB is just 1000', not sure where he got his info, just saying I'm very sceptical of it because the math doesn't add up. When a munition 4X the size in yield has a blast radius 1/5 the size, the author just ain't making any sense