Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 'MOTHER OF ALL BOMBS': US drops massive bomb in Afghanistan

Default 'MOTHER OF ALL BOMBS': US drops massive bomb in Afghanistan

The United States' largest non-nuclear bomb has been dropped in eastern Afghanistan days after a Green Beret was killed fighting ISIS there, US defense official confirms to Fox News.

For more news, please go to FoxNews.com and watch Fox News Channel.

ISIS TUNNELS TARGETED: 'Mother of All Bombs' dropped in Afghanistan
    US bomb dropped on Afghanistan, the largest non-nuclear bomb in the Air Force's arsenal, targeted ISIS tunnel complex in Nangarhar province, US Central Command reports.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/04...et-killed.html
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Not sure, but IIRC, this thing weighs something like 21,000 pounds...ten and a half tons. The Lancaster (British heavy bomber in WWII) was capable of carrying a maximum payload of ten tons. If you remember, it was used to drop a HUGE (don't remember the weight) bomb on one of the German Pocket Battleships...perhaps Graf Spee... In 1974, when I was in Thailand, one revetment in the bomb dump had 43 17,500 pound bombs stacked together. These were the ones they dropped from a C-130 in Vietnam to blast out landing zones in the jungle for helicopters. My thought when seeing all this much ordnance stacked together was "My God! One mortar round here and its definitely "OH.......SH*T!" Not sure if a single mortar round would have been sufficient to have caused all of them to detonate, but just the thought of the possibility was enough to cause one's testicles to crawl up to one's tonsils!

This seems to be a show of force and nothing more.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

They only dropped 1? I say drop at least a few dozen more!!
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

I'd like to see the crater and what the tunnel complex looked like afterward.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

Haha! Get the job done and over with the first time, right? Lmao! You crack me up skeeter!

Quote Originally Posted by texasskeeter View Post
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

So would I !

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker1513 View Post
    I'd like to see the crater and what the tunnel complex looked like afterward.

I wonder if President Trump himself authorized the use of this bomb. It's pretty hard to believe that he wasn't involved in this. If that's the case, then I'm very proud of him for not messing around with ISIS, and for unleashing the full force of the US military on them. I just wish there was footage of the bombing itself; I'd also love to see some BDA footage as well.

It's about time we started using these
    Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Quote Originally Posted by texasskeeter View Post
    +1
    Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.