Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Arkansas is set to execute 7 people in 11 days

Default Arkansas is set to execute 7 people in 11 days

http://www.newsweek.com/arkansas-dea...en-days-582396

A bout of planned executions in Arkansas later this month would reverse progress made by the United States to reduce the number of people it executes every year.

In 2016, the U.S. put 20 people to death, the lowest number since 1991. But in Arkansas, seven men are due to be executed by lethal injection before the month ends, all within 10 days of each other. The macabre reason for the express executions? Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson said the state’s supply of midazolam, one of three drugs used for executions, is about to expire. Midazolam has been used in a number of gruesome botched executions over the past few years, including Clayton Lockett in Oklahoma in 2014 and Ronald Smith in Alabama.

All of this is because of the drugs used for the lethal injection are about to expire. We should just forget about lethal injection, and got back to the electric chair. We should use the dry sponge method for criminals who committed particularly heinous crimes.

I think hanging would be more appropriate and you can reuse the rope. Electric chair is costly and once spent, it's spent.
    GET A ROPE!
    Remember what Einstein said:
    “I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”

Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    I think hanging would be more appropriate and you can reuse the rope. Electric chair is costly and once spent, it's spent.
    GET A ROPE!
    You're right, the rope would be the most economical way to go. I still think we should do the dry sponge on particularly heinous criminals, such as the Colorado movie theater shooter, and Child killers though. I'm willing to spend a little more tax money to see child killers fry.

God forgive me but child molesters should be tortured to death. A rope is too quick.

Naw just slowly lift them off the ground. maybe 1/2-1" per minute. None of this dropping crap.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

In before all the "We shouldn't Execute" folks chime in!! As I'm all for putting to death all those guilty in society for such horrible acts!!! And to add stop waiting 20 years to put them down!!
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Quote Originally Posted by texasskeeter View Post
    In before all the "We shouldn't Execute" folks chime in!! As I'm all for putting to death all those guilty in society for such horrible acts!!! And to add stop waiting 20 years to put them down!!
    You can thank all of the activist lawyers, judges, and politicians for this 20-30 year waiting bull****. I understand that we have an appeals process as a safeguard to protect against executing innocent victims, but let's be real; the chances of us convicting and executing an innocent person these days is damn near zero.

I concur....
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fontaine View Post
    You can thank all of the activist lawyers, judges, and politicians for this 20-30 year waiting bull****. I understand that we have an appeals process as a safeguard to protect against executing innocent victims, but let's be real; the chances of us convicting and executing an innocent person these days is damn near zero.
    Makes perfect sense Fontaine and Skeeter , How can we justify executing some sick prick who molests or slaughters an innocent child or woman , and at the same time allow the legal slaughter of millions of unborn babies ? This country has killed more innocent children in one year than Assad has killed in 10 years .

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    Makes perfect sense Fontaine and Skeeter , How can we justify executing some sick prick who molests or slaughters an innocent child or woman , and at the same time allow the legal slaughter of millions of unborn babies ? This country has killed more innocent children in one year than Assad has killed in 10 years .
    I agree, abortion is nothing more than legalized homicide. The really sick thing is that a lot of the people who are against the death penalty are also pro-abortion.