Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gorsuch confirmed!

Default Gorsuch confirmed!

After bruising and historic battle, US Senate confirms Judge Neil Gorsuch to the Supreme Court on Friday, filling the critical ninth seat that has been vacant for over a year. The 54-45 vote came after Senate Republicans changed the rules to no longer require a super majority.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...eme-court.html
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

While I like the judge personally, this is a sad day for American politics.

When's the last time you can remember a good day with our Gvnmnt? Other than Hildebeast losing last Nov. I'd still can't remember a good day for at least a decade....
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

There hasn't been one!
    Today is an exceptionally good day.

Another thing. Russian/Putin has change his mind about severing com with the US. We will continue to leave coms open between US and Russia!
    LOVING THIS OUTCOME!
    Last edited by Camouflaged; 04-07-2017 at 01:03 PM.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

I agree Cammie. I wanted to hear from DaeDae. Lol
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Of course you do! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Daelith View Post
    While I like the judge personally, this is a sad day for American politics.
    Agreed. The dems started the "nuclear" business and that fundamentally changes the character of the Senate. While Gorsuch may be a worthy nominee this is going to lead to an increasingly polarized court sharply divided along party lines... as if it weren't already bad enough... as successive R and D dominated Senates chose more and more polarized justices. So yes... today is good when you look at the man but tragic when you consider the uncertain future.
    In a crazy world, it's the crazy man who can get by - and it's about to get cray-cray up in here.

Quote Originally Posted by texasskeeter View Post
    I agree Cammie. I wanted to hear from DaeDae. Lol
    Basically setting the precedent the Dems can force who they want in too. Win the battle, lose the war.

I'd agree on not being happy with the government for at least a decade, though I'd go back much further than that. Today's just more of the same. The slight glimmer of hope is another strict-reading conservative on the court might slightly slow the expansion of over-extended powers.

Quote Originally Posted by bruss01 View Post
    Agreed. The dems started the "nuclear" business and that fundamentally changes the character of the Senate. While Gorsuch may be a worthy nominee this is going to lead to an increasingly polarized court sharply divided along party lines... as if it weren't already bad enough... as successive R and D dominated Senates chose more and more polarized justices. So yes... today is good when you look at the man but tragic when you consider the uncertain future.
    Exactly. All it takes is justices holding on and complacent conservatives going into the next election to completely destroy our changes forever. People are happy because their candidate is wielding the power right now, but they basically signed a permission slip for the other side to do the same. Of course, "I told you so" will fall on deaf ears when they're wailing about the Democrats forcing a liberal judge through. And now that they know it's an option, you can bet they'll push through the craziest commie bat**** candidates they can.

The N. O. Was already created and used by the Democrats. We didn't open that door. The Dems did.

As if what the Retardicans just did with this new Scotus appt changed the game.... You all know damn good and well the Demotards would have done this anyways their next chance running things!! I can guarantee they are kicking themselves now they didn't do it first their last time in charge!! The Tards have grown more and more ruthless/unscrupulous/unGodly every time they run things....