Thread: My goats are testing my gardening skills

Default My goats are testing my gardening skills

My better half may or may not have forgotten to secure the gate this afternoon after tending to the stock, I'm not going to blame her because I didn't have to feed tonight, and I like my head the way it is.....without big knots.

Lilies, roses, goji berry, and even my brand new peach tree were on the menu

I was going to cut my peach tree way down anyway to try my hand at espalier (es pal yay) so I am trying to salvage parts of the tree that the sweet little, precious, f#!#!$ goat didn't peel.

I took some of the small branches and trimmed both ends put them in a jar with some fresh water and a touch of honey.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Then I cleaned up the bark of the little peach stub.

Then I gave it an Apple juice green house.

My hopes are that the sticks in the jar after about 10 days or so will begin to sprout roots and I will transplant them to pots and nurture this year and plant in the fall. I will provide updates in a week or so...............

Yikes!!!! That's heart breaking! All it takes is one slip up...
    We had an intruder to the teenage chicken coop last night. I'm guessing a coon. Got two chickens. We fixed the problem but I still lost two hens damnit!
    I have to say though, your lost would have brought me to the brink of insanity! LOL I get pissed when I see a cat in my gardens. They hate my BB GUN! Lmao!
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

Goats are voracious little bastards, We swore off having goats after 4H projects for our kids, and will never have again....impossible to keep penned, and destructive if let loose.

My goats are within an 8' fence on one side, and a 6' on the other. Takes a double gate for them to get loose on the ranch and has not happened yet
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Hey Flock, just wait till those little bastards get into your booze cabinet?
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Update........ while hoping for little roots starting out, I have moldy sticks.