Thread: Fulton Interstate Shutdown

Default Fulton Interstate Shutdown

When we think of interstates being shutdown, we tend to focus on just too many cars (creeping).
    Last night in Fulton it adds another perspective to it.
    If vehicles had been on this, nobody is going anywhere.
    You will not be able to backout because of continuous addition of vehicles to the end of the line that have no clue about what shut it down.
    They would be thinking it just a wreck that will be eventually cleared.

But in SHTF scenario, nobody is coming.

The Latest: Governor declares state of emergency in Fulton

Vox Populi!

Quote Originally Posted by porkingporkpork View Post
    roflol.
    oh sheesh.

but you do bring up a good point of being able to gather information even on the move, so your not caught off guard. Being stuck on/near that over pass/I85 would have sucked. Take that local issue and imagine if that was an issue around the whole country due to do certain actions of people. It would be a complete crap show.
    Vox Populi!

Quote Originally Posted by porkingporkpork View Post
    but you do bring up a good point of being able to gather information even on the move, so your not caught off guard. Being stuck on/near that over pass/I85 would have sucked. Take that local issue and imagine if that was an issue around the whole country due to do certain actions of people. It would be a complete crap show.
    Exactly, but how on communication, that's the question.
    There are quite a few ways of comm.
    But which ones are still operating?

You can pretty much discount any cell service. It could either be shut down by, or overwhelmed.

I have been kicking around the idea of a small CB in the Jeep and base unit at the house to be able to talk to the wife. With another base unit at my parents house. That is about as much as I have been able to work out.
    Vox Populi!

I have a CB in my car and have had one in my vehicles for decades. A few years ago my fiance and I were driving to my house when traffic came to a dead stop. I got on the radio and within one minute of just listening I found out what was going on. We quickly made a U turn and went another way. We later found out that the highway was shut down for 4 hours. When we came up on the traffic, the highway had only been shut down for 10 minutes. That CB radio has saved my hind end on multiple occasions.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

if you do a search on youtube you can pretty much see what a local shtf scenario would be like trying to escape fires.
    Those I think would probably be the most likely... Well maybe not, but it does get you to thinking about the possibility.

How many of you live on a dirt country road surrounded by forest ?

How many of you live in the city surrounded by some forest areas?

Remember this one?
    http://www.whenshtf.com/threads/5494...highlight=fort

Which brings up question, if you underground in a 'bunker' is there going to be enough oxygen to suck in from outside, meaning that even the temperature of the air coming in is breathable?
    Even with a cleared are of 100 yard radius I think your in a tad bit of trouble.
    Last edited by Nicor; 03-31-2017 at 10:31 PM.

Mountains & Lakes of the extreme NorthEast

Back when I was doing 150 mile commutes everyday, a CB, scanner and the fire radio and I had the bases covered. I always knew what was going on, and when someone needed help (like accident), I could get the troops going.