Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally pulled the Trigger HARVEST RIGHT FREEZE DRYER

The wife and I are about to get one. It will put our food storage to the next level. Two growing kids make you quickly realize that you need more food...

You won't regret it. Money well spent!
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Quote Originally Posted by casey762 View Post
    The wife and I are about to get one. It will put our food storage to the next level. Two growing kids make you quickly realize that you need more food...
    I'd be interested in how it works out. Please let us know.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Any updates OP?

I am considering one for the Homestead, and they are on sale right now!
    We've become sheep, and I don't trust the Shepherds.

I have not used mine in a year... got too busy.
    Also pissed that prices dropped almost $800 for the same model.
    I would have taken the difference and bought the new oiless pump that came out recently.
    May still get it, but Man, I am bummed.
    Good news for those who are looking to buy, as pump tech has been greatly improved.
    When I bought mine, I spoke with the owner and asked about any upcoming improvements/upgrades and he told me "Nope"
    a few months later, a new pump hits the market, and a few months after that the oiless pump comes out. No way the R&D was done that fast.

All that aside, the few times I have used it, I liked the product (fruit mostly)
    I know Cammie has one and loves it.
    Hoping to get busy with it soon, gonna try my hand at homemade MRE's... Scrambled eggs with bacon, Meatloaf/veggies/potatoes and a chicken version as well.
    Armageddon Catering....Providing All Of Your Post SHTF And TEOTWAWKI Needs.

I use mine at least once a week without fail. I have no issues what so ever. I did break down and buy a second one. The small unit. I use it mostly for nuts and berries, icecream and homemade candy. The standard size I use for my garden produce and meats. Our units running side by side at the same time run about $7.00 a run. That's a whole lot cheaper than buying freeze dries or jars for canning by far, and I know where my foods come from and what's in them. I love love love mine immensely and wouldn't part with them for anything!
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Cammie,
    How are the pumps holding up?
    They are a bit of a PITA, but manageable.
    Armageddon Catering....Providing All Of Your Post SHTF And TEOTWAWKI Needs.

I haven't had any problems at all. I just make sure I keep it clean and release any pressure build up after each use, and clean the seal. Takes about 5 minutes.
    It's kinda like my truck. I get an oil change every 30 days weather I've driven 3000 miles or not, and rotate the tires. Good maintain is essential.