Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1 Year Supply of Freeze Dried Food - Lot 15 Cases / 90 #10 cans - Michigan

Default 1 Year Supply of Freeze Dried Food - Lot 15 Cases / 90 #10 cans - Michigan

Local Face to Face Pickup - Metro Detroit, Michigan. Given the size, shipping is not even an option unless you set it up with a freight company.

$500, or I'll swap for other gear. I'd be willing to meet up within 1/2 hour distance to St. Clair Shores. You will likely want something more than a car to transport these unless you have a massive trunk and back seat.

This is a 1 year supply of Freeze Dried bulk storage foods in #10 size cans. There is everything from Meat & Potatoes to Eggs. There are 15 cases of 6 cans each for a total of 90 cans. The boxes say "Liberty Unit x of 14" (where x=1-14) and one extra case (the Mountain House Case) that is veggies. Almost every can is made by "The Maple Leaf Company". New this was around $2500 shipped.

I bought someone's 2012 cache from an estate sale, and I simply do not have the room to store all of this. The cans are in great shape and have been stored indoors in a climate controlled storage unit and they came out of a climate controlled storage unit. Dates looks to be ~2010 so they are all fairly new and good for at least another 25+ years?

12 cans potatoes
    12 cans rice
    12 cans beans
    6 cans rice / beans
    6 cans of assorted veggies
    6 cans of pasta / powered tomatos
    6 cans breakfast foods - germade / granola
    6 cans soup / veg blend
    6 cans macaroni
    4 cans cornmeal
    3 cans powered milk
    2 cans popcorn
    2 cans 2x TVP meat
    2 cans meat base
    2 cans oats
    1 can powdered eggs
    1 can powdered butter
    1 can powdered cheese

food2.jpg
    food1.jpg
    Last edited by catalyst; 03-30-2017 at 09:08 PM.

A year's supply of food for $500 seems like a bargain. Even though most of those year claims should be cut in half it is still a bargain.

Started in 1975, The Maple Leaf Company is backed by 5 generations of family unity, hard work, and grassroots community service. Our first bucket of wheat was packaged in the family garage in 1985 and in 1986 we began shipping food across state lines in the family car.

Since then we’ve grown to encompass an entire city block. We ship food to every state in the nation. In 1999 we started fulfiling international orders. Two automated & computerized canning lines produce up to 6,000 cans per day. A product line of over 300 items are stored in 40,000 square feet of warehouse space. Our manufacturing facilities are nestled in the Manti La Sal mountains in central Utah’s Sanpete Valley.

If this were closer to me, I would find the money somehow. Even if you cut the storage lifespan in half, you are still looking at another 5 years that it is good for.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Helluva deal. I could almost justify driving up to get it.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by catalyst View Post
    The cans are in great shape and have been stored indoors in a climate controlled storage unit and they came out of a climate controlled storage unit.
    Keeping your cache in a storage unit doesn't pass the common sense test, another Darwin Award winner.

Rancher

If I was closer I'd be all over this deal
    Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Quote Originally Posted by azrancher View Post
    Keeping your cache in a storage unit doesn't pass the common sense test, another Darwin Award winner.

Rancher
    little brutal on the OP eh? He did state climate controlled and also stated he didn't have proper space to store them. Thus he's selling them. Lol After all cans won't get damaged in a "Climate Controlled" storage unit....
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Canadian border state that begins with a "M"

Never followed through on it, but was thinking of a storage unit 1/2 way from the old house to the BOL - major river to cross there and figured it might be a good cache.

Thinking about this catalyst... Don't wait for me, but I put out a couple feelers to friends near you if they might want to go in on this (and provide delivery of my share to me ). I usually get down to Lake St. Clair fishing at least once a year, but as luck would have it probably not this year. I'll PM you if me and them can figure it out.
    Everything marked, everything 'membered. You wait, you'll see.

Rancher
    Be like rancher or be toopid...........
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Rancher
    I don't think this was aimed directly at me. Given the amount of stuff from the estate, this was likely surplus or they owned a survival company - so I'm not sure if it was good or bad that they left it in storage. I think it also depends how accessible your storage area is, and what your current home prep situation looks like - this might have been year 10+ of survival food or something. Who knows.

I'm also not sure where the claims of the shelf life should be cut in half are coming from. It really has a lot to do with the storage of the cans - they need to be in a stable climate and not exposed to temp extremes or lots of heat. The dates on these were the pack date and most #10 cans are rated for 25-30 years shelf life. With the dates on these being ~2010, there is a LOT of life left in these.

There's a lot of good items in here that go for a premium - mainly the dairy, tvp and veggies. I wish they weren't so heavy because I would love to offer to ship them, but given the size / weight, that might be a bit extreme unless you didn't want the grains/beans/oats. Freight is always an option, but you'd need to arrange it - I'm willing to travel ~1/2 hour and I have a truck to haul these. Stacked up, they occupy about as much space as a washing machine / stove.

I also have these posted locally on my gun website seeing if I can get someone to swap me a 1911 or an AR15 or something for them. I am actually a little amazed someone local hasn't picked them up yet. At ~$5 per can, they really are a steal for anyone who knows what they are.
    Last edited by catalyst; 03-30-2017 at 09:11 PM.