Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mountain House Freeze Dried Food: up to 50% off thru March

Probably need some cases of this for variety, but I have 7 one year food supply for one and frankly need room for more. Why I was thinking of underground primarily temperate climate storage. Are there buckets? I glanced through yesterday and may have missed it.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

We don't usually sell food buckets--the shelf life on most of those is weak.

Now don't take this the wrong way, but I would wonder where you got the one-year food supplies from. You don't need to answer that. I just point out that there are major sellers out there who criminally misrepresent their food packages. For instance, Emerg. Essentials sells one-year food supplies that in fact consist of only two months worth of calories (you must figure a bare minimum of 2000 calories a day per person). Disregard serving counts--you can research that and find that Uncle Sam defines serving sizes for all foods and the definition is not what you probably think it is. But if you want to ballpark figure what you have based on number of servings, if you have mostly entrees, you can figure two servings per person per meal (or six servings per day) ... that usually is going to average out to about 2000 calories a day.
    Prepare & Fortify - Safecastle.com
    Coupon Bunker - SafecastleBunker.com

This MH sale ends March 31. So don't drag your feet.

3 more days

Longest Proven Shelf Life. Period

We take pride in the shelf life of Mountain House freeze-dried foods. Our nearly 50-year history of using top-quality ingredients, the highest processing standards, and premium packaging materials allows for a shelf life that is unmatched.

We are the only brand to fully cook our meals before freeze drying. We make our meals like you do at home, in a cookpot (granted ours is a tad bit bigger). This allows the flavors to mix just right like your meals do at home.

Our food also doesn't sit in the warehouse forever either. This means when you buy our food from us, it will still have the longest proven shelf life in the freeze dried emergency food industry.

The rest is up to you: store food under dry, sanitary conditions, without prolonged exposure to extreme temperatures and avoiding any environment that could cause damage to the packaging, such as punctures, dents, or rust. Simply follow these common sense storage tips and you will have emergency food when you need it.

Discounts end tomorrow nite.

Final day

Quote Originally Posted by Alredneck View Post
    Can agree with ya on number 1, but that's not reality.
    Check our site we never tax on food items...