Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: troops on the ground

Default troops on the ground

Word is we have thousands of troops on the ground in Iraq, Yemen , and Syria, yes, Syria. Not just support troops , actually engaged. News flash Huh ?

Sounds like Trump has relaxed the rules of engagement also.

Some think the next time North Korea tries to launch a missile, something in NK might get blown to $hit.

Any thoughts ?

Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Oh great more war with little to gain.

Quote Originally Posted by hiwall View Post
    Yep, just let the NORKS launch as many ICBMs as they want to, until they get it perfected.... @hiwall what part of AZ did you say you lived in? I may need to move.

Rancher

The North Koreans have an untested long range intercontinental ballistic missile that has enough range to hit the west coast.

The rhetoric that the spoiled man-child keeps spewingcan be narrowed down to only one of two things. Either this is stretegic in nature and designed to cause alert fatigue before he launches missiles, or this is just babble from a spoiled man-child designed to make himself look good to his subjects.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Quote Originally Posted by hiwall View Post

Agree with hiwall here. This may again..become a re run of previous wars. We get in loose a lot of people..money and resources and are politically prevented from winning sufficient to make a lot of people monies and power off the war.

How to keep these wars going ..not ending.

My .02,

Orangetom

As far as North Korea goes none of us know their capability. But for the sake of argument let's say that they are close to being able to hit the west coast of the USA with a missile. They certainly have nukes. None of us know if their nukes are the size of a school bus or are much smaller than that. Let's say they either have small nukes or will soon have them.
    North Korea has done nothing to us. We have put very strong sanctions against them.
    We have two options only because we can not negotiate with them. We either basically do nothing (kinda what we are doing now other than the extreme sanctions) or we launch a major offensive against them and bomb all their military bases and all of their limited infrastructure with an unprovoked/sneak attack. A major attack like this would remove any further nuclear hostilities from them for a very long time. A minor attack (in my estimation) would be a worthless waste.
    So we attack and they are no longer a nuclear power. Our enemies (of which we have countless) seize this opportunity and launch a campaign in the United Nations against US aggression. The UN votes to place economic sanctions against us (I feel getting enough votes against us would be very easy).
    Our nation's economy right now is on very shaky ground. Sanctions against us could easily push us over the edge with the possibility of putting us into deep recession or quite possibly a major depression. If that happened I would say that we lost the war and North Korea won.

Yeah, at this point I agree. There is not much that we can do at all to stop North Korean hostilities without there being blowback.

Iran and North Korea have been in some kind of partnership for a while now. Exactly what they are doing is up for debate. It has been proven now that a clandestine hack had been taking place for a while under the Obama administration against North Korea's rocket program. This was primarily the cause of all of their failures they had. Now that they know what we have been doing, it made them even more mad, and they now know what to look for BEFORE a launch to ensure the launches are successful.

So what do we do now? I honestly don't think we have any good options at this point.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

If we do anything to North Korea, South Korea will take a big hit. The North has a lot of artillery aimed and pointing at Seoul. Our base is close to the border also and would take hits. In any Korean war many will die on both sides. But that is what happens in wars.

I can understand and agree that all of the responses here are possible, because we really don't know NK's actual capabilities and we really have no idea what steps that Weeble Wobble leader may take if we actually do something other than just sanctions. I'm no expert on foreign policy, but here is my thinking. I believe that the next time he sets up a missile on a launch pad, we should take it out before it can be launched. Blow it right off the Launchpad .

Yes , it is possible it may start a war with South Korea , if he retaliates, because that would be his only option as far as military retaliation, they certainly have no capability to attack the US mainland, but I can't imagine he would believe that an attack on South Korea would result in anything less than his death . I honestly believe it would send a message to him that we , the US , will not tolerate his belligerence any longer, as well as send a message to Iran and other countries that there are once again men in the White House .

Of course I could be wrong.