Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: guess I'm old school

Default guess I'm old school

I hope all the liberal, wimp A$$ , powdered a$s candy a$$ college students out there are able to read this,

I attended college about 30 odd years ago, before a lot of today's pu$$ified babies were born. Back then the same problems existed on college campuses, but we dealt with them in a much different and much more civilized fashion. Back then we actually listened to opposing points of view without setting $hit on fire , or throwing firebombs at people who opposed our view of world events, because we believed that everyone had a right to express their opinion , whether or not we agreed with it, without getting the $hit beat out of them.
    Oh how times change . I made the mistake one night, at a block party, of running into the heavyweight wresting champion of our University, and being drunk, I said something I shouldn't have and got pounded into the pavement. ( I did get in one good punch before being taught a lesson in physics , but it was too late. )

My point is this, I woke up bruised and battered the next day, and instead of calling the ACLU or the police or the student union, I chalked it up to an act of drunken stupidity and learned from the experience, something most young people of today have a very lacking capacity of grasping. You can blame a lot of people for your problems, but most of them are your own dam fault.

Your not alone in that bambam.

Every dumb thing I ever did I surely did it. Lucky to be here upright considering some of the dumb things I've done. But....

You learn from your mistakes and tighten up your belt buckle and keep going...but learn not to make a career out of repeating the dumb things. And you cannot blame anyone but your ignorance.

No one promises you the choicest morsels off the buffet line. And furthermore ...someone has to take the time and monies to set up the buffet line.

I hate it when people show up ...expect a buffet line...eat and then trash up the place and leave it for someone else to clean up the mess. High speed low drag!!

That is the impression I get often with what passes for folks today.

But...

I suppose Socrates was complaining about the same or similar things if I recall some of what I have read.

But some of these young folks are starting out way behind us...and have a long hard way to learn. They are going to have to grow a pair ..male and female both.

Thanks bambam,

Orangetom

With social media being so widespread today's youth can hide behind the computer (same as we do here, we have a certain protection from each other) therefore relieving them of personal responsibility. Let's add to that, parents buying them mobile phones and paying for service, buying them new cars, sending them to college without earning it (so they can concentrate on their degree in racism). Kids staying on parents ins. Til nearly thirty (because it's hard to find a job with a degree in racism and social justice).

They do not understand personal responsibility! They'll always be the victim.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Bam too funny this came up. My son recently came to talk to me about something he did. He knew he was wrong. I told him you need to man up and take what's coming to you. I don't sugar coat things for anyone. I love my son to death but there was a life lesson to be learned. School is in!
    "Improvise, adapt & overcome"
    Clint Eastwood - Heartbreak Ridge

Quote Originally Posted by Ready 4 reset View Post
    Bam too funny this came up. My son recently came to talk to me about something he did. He knew he was wrong. I told him you need to man up and take what's coming to you. I don't sugar coat things for anyone. I love my son to death but there was a life lesson to be learned. School is in!
    Yep. Both my boys were raised to be a man, and own your mistakes.
    Μολὼν λαβέ (Molon labe), “Come and get them!”

Nobody owes you anything. You're only entitled to what you worked for.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." - Optimus Prime

This bs just irritates me.

College today isnt the same as 30yrs ago.

College back then might been 30k for a masters degree, cost over 100k now. Education received still no better n probably worse with all the different mistakes in new books.

People with no skills from family n no skills from school, still dependent on gov loans to get by cause they dont have the problem solving ability to make a better situation.

Education doesnt teach problem solving skills just conformity.

[QUOTE=Alredneck;732950]This bs just irritates me.

College today isnt the same as 30yrs ago.

College back then might been 30k for a masters degree, cost over 100k now. Education received still no better n probably worse with all the different mistakes in new books.

People with no skills from family n no skills from school, still dependent on gov loans to get by cause they dont have the problem solving ability to make a better situation.

Education doesnt teach problem solving skills just conformity.[/QUOTE

So what's your point Al ?

I'll agree with Al on this one. Yea, I said it. I was able to pay my kids way through college. I only required that they have a job. They got off easy granted. I watched friends of theirs that went on the loan plan. At A&M i was about $4200 a semester and $1000 room and board. They would give the kids around $8K. The guys all ran to Cabelas for a new rifle, shotgun, scope, rod and reel, something. Never failed.

Now they are paying off loans. I think they should be limited as to how much they get, but then again, guv is getting some interest off of them. My SIL is nearly paid off about 3 years out now. It's a racket, the student loan program. I can't imagine how much a master might run them, and many with such a crappy degree and master.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Oh....noooooooooo Al!!! Ohhhhhh Noooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

Education doesnt teach problem solving skills just conformity.

Conformity....ohhhhhh noooooo.!!! Not conformity......ohhhh. nooooo!!!! Not Herd Mentality!!!!! Not Xerox copies of the same olde Pabulum!!!

Ohhhh..noooo!!! Help me Mr. Wizard!!! Help Meeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Thanks,
    Orangetom

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    .... I attended college about 30 odd years ago, before a lot of today's pu$$ified babies were born.
    What good would it do any of them to read your rant?

These kids weren't born pussies, they were cultivated to be such ... now, what can "we" do to "prune" and reshape them? Belittling them doesn't seem like an effective strategy ....

Skarecrow.