Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Things keep getting better with Trump

Quote Originally Posted by 91CavGT View Post
    and most of the population has no idea this is on the Georgia Guidestones. Even the ones that have seen them in person have no idea what they mean. Agenda 21
    One thing i dont disagree with those folks on. We should rewild the earth. This has always been a place for abundance, they continue to war over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tdale View Post
    I've always been an "I" but I'm done with voting for the lesser of two evils, I'm done with the GOP. Going forward I'll only vote libertarian and if that vote gets a democrat elected so be it. I don't care anymore, I'll sit back at my BOL and watch the world burn before I vote lesser of two evils again

Both democrats and republicans only care about their big donors.

Neither party gives a rats ass about the average American.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I totally agree that neither party cares about us , Tdale, and I'm not saying Trump was the best person the republicans could have nominated, but Hillary would have been worse than Obama. At least with Trump we " maybe " have a chance. We shall see.

I've always been an "I" but I'm done with voting for the lesser of two evils, I'm done with the GOP. Going forward I'll only vote libertarian and if that vote gets a democrat elected so be it. I don't care anymore, I'll sit back at my BOL and watch the world burn before I vote lesser of two evils again

Both democrats and republicans only care about their big donors.

Neither party gives a rats ass about the average American.

I agree 100% and plan in doing the same!! Never again after T vs H will I vote for lesser of... And next election I will vote across the board I as the Repubics have been given both houses and are doing Squat!! At this point whatever Trump can get done that's good for us great! But the Rinos will see it is limited!!! F@&K them all...
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Did anyone besides T read the article? At the least it's misleading and mainly a hit piece against Trump.

Did anyone read the bill? The isn't introducing this, it's already in practice. This bill is merely clarifying and protecting privacy.

After reading the bill I understand why companies are interested in one's DNA /genes. (I'm not advocating) some larger companies have wellness programs to help keep their insurance costs down and by identifying certain markers in one's DNA a better health program can be developed for each individual. As far as third parties it's only general information same as Google to offer a more direct "product" can it be used nefariously? Absolutely! Was it designed that way? I doubt it.

In short this practice isn't something new and it isn't going away. It's the same as a company giving it's employees an incentive to quit nicotine to incentive the ins companies to give them a better rate therefore reducing bottom line cost increasing profit.

My ol lady has had her DNA tested to improve her treatment. Medicine effects people differently and their heritage has something to do with it, they have discovered how the medicines metabolize differently for people with certain DNA markers therefore tuning dosage or a different treatment all together.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Default Things keep getting better with Trump

Quote Originally Posted by flock6 View Post
    Did anyone besides T read the article? At the least it's misleading and mainly a hit piece against Trump.

Did anyone read the bill? The isn't introducing this, it's already in practice. This bill is merely clarifying and protecting privacy.

After reading the bill I understand why companies are interested in one's DNA /genes. (I'm not advocating) some larger companies have wellness programs to help keep their insurance costs down and by identifying certain markers in one's DNA a better health program can be developed for each individual. As far as third parties it's only general information same as Google to offer a more direct "product" can it be used nefariously? Absolutely! Was it designed that way? I doubt it.

In short this practice isn't something new and it isn't going away. It's the same as a company giving it's employees an incentive to quit nicotine to incentive the ins companies to give them a better rate therefore reducing bottom line cost increasing profit.

My ol lady has had her DNA tested to improve her treatment. Medicine effects people differently and their heritage has something to do with it, they have discovered how the medicines metabolize differently for people with certain DNA markers therefore tuning dosage or a different treatment all together.
    Like hell this is already in practice. GINA makes that illegal. This bill is aimed at doing away with the GINA protections

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

(C)*SAFE HARBOR.—Notwithstanding any other provision of law, section 501(c)(2) of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (42 U.S.C. 12201(c)(2)) shall apply to workplace wellness programs or programs of health promotion or disease prevention offered by an employer in conjunction with an employer-sponsored health plan.

.(2)*OTHER PROGRAMS OFFERING MORE FAVORABLE TREATMENT FOR ADVERSE HEALTH FACTORS.—Notwithstanding any other provision of law, workplace wellness programs and programs of health promotion or disease prevention offered by an employer that provide for more favorable treatment of individuals with adverse health factors as described in 45 CFR 146.121(g) (or any successor regulations) shall be considered to be in compliance with—(A) the acceptable examinations and inquiries set forth in section 102(d)(4)(B) of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (42 U.S.C. 12112(d)(4)(B));(B) section 2705(d) of the Public Health Service Act (42 U.S.C. 300gg–4(d)); and(C) section 202(b)(2) of the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008 (42 U.S.C. 2000ff–1(b)(2)).

.(3)*PROGRAMS NOT OFFERED IN CONJUNCTION WITH AN EMPLOYER-SPONSORED HEALTH PLAN.—(A)*IN GENERAL.—Notwithstanding any other provision of law, workplace wellness programs and programs of health promotion or disease prevention offered by an employer that are not offered in conjunction with an employer-sponsored health plan that are not described in section 2705(j) of the Public Health Service Act (42 U.S.C. 300gg–4(j)) that meet the requirement set forth in subparagraph (B) shall be considered to be in compliance with—(i) the acceptable examinations and inquiries as set forth in section 102(d)(4)(B) of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (42 U.S.C. 12112(d)(4)(B));

Am I misunderstanding this? Particularly#2
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Like hell this is already in practice. GINA makes that illegal. This bill is aimed at doing away with the GINA protections

Td, you ever notice its something about certain kinds of ladies, just gets a mfer in trouble.

Asking for DNA to possibly charge more for medical coverage or deny is discriminating. It's always about money and won't change.

Just like car insurance using your credit score to decide what you will pay. Total BS.
    "Improvise, adapt & overcome"
    Clint Eastwood - Heartbreak Ridge

Quote Originally Posted by Alredneck View Post
    Td, you ever notice its something about certain kinds of ladies, just gets a mfer in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Ready 4 reset View Post
    Asking for DNA to possibly charge more for medical coverage or deny is discriminating. It's always about money and won't change.

Just like car insurance using your credit score to decide what you will pay. Total BS.
    My mom works for a company who requires that you do not use ANY tobacco products at all, even in your own home. They occasionally test the employees and if you show positive then you are fired. It has been this way for several years.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best