Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: have you accepted the fact that we are being "monitored" through OUR tech?

Quote Originally Posted by texasskeeter View Post
    To Cav's point, I just heard on the radio yesterday a TV manuf. company got caught doing it and was fined 225 million for it. My thoughts are, didn't this break any illegal spying laws? Why isn't anyone going to jail?
    I thought my mom had gone off the deep end when she told me what was going on, till I saw it for myself. Then later I read about the TV manufacture admitted to spying on people.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Quote Originally Posted by Nicor View Post
    Well, if you kids bring home a laptop that the school provided for free, I do hope u remember the article that came out some years back where the school that did that controlled the computer and could turn on the camera and mic...

http://www.computerworld.com/article...s-lawsuit.html
    I asked my wife about the iPads. She does not have access to activate the cameras but she told me that Apple has access remotely to everything at any time.

Glockula has a school laptop. Side note. We are in the highest taxed school district in the usa. More funny side note. His school is on the 1 rated coolest college town in the usa . and very liberal? He brought a talking trump pen to school and sooooo many kids were butt hurt. We plugged the and covered the camera. And store it in a backpack after use. Dont get me wrong the high school here is amazing...and the college campus is awesome aswell. But its oddly liberal hotspot in the most conservitave stronghold in the country...Lola

That's why I've always covered the webcams ,microphones or anything that can be used to see or track me. Either that, or I physically disable them. I also recommend using TOR Browser instead of the usual Chrome or Internet Explorer. Don't know how far back the manufacturers have been putting spyware in Television sets, though. Too many people playing pretend NSA these days..
    -Dr. Ferdifer MD

Doc, you can do a lot of different things with data these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Alredneck View Post
    Doc, you can do a lot of different things with data these days.

You got that right Al. I can't imagine the embarrassment if they have video of my wife drooling and grinding her teeth, or me sleep-walking, or God forbid the nights she was drunk and horny .
    Hell, on second thought , may make some big bucks off of that video .

Ok bam pay up, or Wilma gets an email with this screenshot.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Quote Originally Posted by flock6 View Post
    Ok bam pay up, or Wilma gets an email with this screenshot.
    I don't have the video flock, have to check out WikiLeaks, but I must say my wife is pretty good lookin. Maybe Assange is saving it for after the CIA $hit. That dirty bastad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdifer View Post
    That's why I've always covered the webcams ,microphones or anything that can be used to see or track me. Either that, or I physically disable them. I also recommend using TOR Browser instead of the usual Chrome or Internet Explorer. Don't know how far back the manufacturers have been putting spyware in Television sets, though. Too many people playing pretend NSA these days..
    I have a good working TV that I guarantee has not been tampered with. It is a 20" JVC from 1990 and it still works great!

Quote Originally Posted by 91CavGT View Post
    I have a good working TV that I guarantee has not been tampered with. It is a 20" JVC from 1990 and it still works great!
    See you on WikiLeaks Cav. Is your wife good lookin ?