Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Generator?

I'd be more worried about the wrong material on Chinese gaskets. We have had a rash of bad chinese knock off parts in the forklift industry. We had valve cover gaskets that actually jellied up and melted when engine oil hit them . Lol. And electrical parts that had no internal parts. Just wires going into a hot potted case.

Quote Originally Posted by driftz240 View Post
    I'd be more worried about the wrong material on Chinese gaskets. We have had a rash of bad chinese knock off parts in the forklift industry. We had valve cover gaskets that actually jellied up and melted when engine oil hit them . Lol. And electrical parts that had no internal parts. Just wires going into a hot potted case.
    Carb gaskets shouldn't be too much of a problem. Shoe and cereal boxes make great gasket material. Gettin' them slightly damp lets 'em conform to surfaces as they're tightened down.

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker1513 View Post
    Care to share the link for that carb on ebay? I'd like to pick one up for mine. It currently works just fine, but havin a spare is always a good thing.
    Here you go BP... looks like they have 5 left and there are plenty of other sellers too. Mine came quickly in the mail from a California warehouse.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Carburetor-...72.m2749.l2649

Some have suggested testing the new carb... I agree, that's a good idea. But seeing as how I've just gotten the Honda's maintained, upgraded, fuel purged and stored away... I'm just not feeling like dragging them out again this soon. Maybe on the next maintenance pass.
    "The thing about smart people is they seem like crazy people to dumb people" - Stephen Hawking

Many Thanks Bruss
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13