Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hunted

Default Hunted

I'm trying to repress the urge to audition for this show. I know I'm just an armchair prepper at best, so I would probably be caught in a few days, but I really want to do it!!! I know, I know, it would be as bad for OPSEC as it was for anyone on Doomsday Preppers. It just has my gears turning to try and figure out what my strategy would be. Anyone else watched it yet? You can view the first two episodes for free on cbs.com.

My wife told me about the show. I then told her a full proof way of making yourself untraceable. If you can survive in the wild then it is not hard.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

My wife said they give you 24 hours head start, so this is what I would do.

1. Grab supplies I already have and stage them in the garage. Take my bicycle and load it into the car.

2. Drive into town and pick up a news paper and any other paper that has used cars for sale.

3. Go to a pay phone and with the used car ads, find a car you can buy asap with cash.

4. Drive to a used car dealership and sell the car you currently have. Make sure you take the old license plates with you.

5. Ride the bike to pick up the next form of transportation from the ads you called about.

6. drive the new to you vehicle home. Do not register it. Bump into a couple of trees on your way, yank some trim off of it, ect.

7. When you get it home, switch the license plates with others. Load your stuff up, and hit the road.

8. Do not being anything electronic with you, and do not being any forms of identification. Drive slightly slower than the flow of traffic and head to your nearest BLM land.

9. Upon arrival, remove the license plates along with the vehicle identification number plates. There are usually 3of them.

10. Hike off into the BLM forest.

Only use cash along the way. Preferably only travel at night so the traffic cameras will have a harder time getting a good face pic of you. Change your appearance and do not do anything that makes it easy for someone who knows you to identify you while watching a recording. Don't stop at big has stations. Find the small mom and pop ones that either don't have video cameras are have cameras of poor quality. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES contact anyone you know and do not use any kind of technology at all.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

I told my wife the weak link in this show is that there's a film crew, and obviously a producer knows where they are, as well as their mobile devices can be pinged to catch you.
    Common sense is so uncommon nowadays it ought to be reclassified as a super power

They give you 1 hour head start, they limit the area you can travel, they limit your money to $500 in an account you can only access $100 at a time via ATMs...
    They stack the deck heavily in their favor, especially with a film crew or person following you.

I'd crawfish and take money and stores from home and vanish in the outdoors. Also buy a disposable phone to communicate.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Meh. If I want to watch stuff like this I have all four years of the David Janssen series "The Fugitive" on DVD
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by 91CavGT View Post
    My wife said they give you 24 hours head start, so this is what I would do.
    Like rhrobert said, you only get 1 hour head start before your information is given to the Hunters.

I don't think you can do anything illegal and they give you $500 in an account that you can only remove $100 at a time.

The couple(with the overweight woman) that headed out to the woods right away seemed to have the right idea, but had to resurface because she was tired or had injured herself. It seems like the best plan is to ditch all tech, never contact anyone you ever knew, have enough supplies for 28 days so you don't have to resurface and head for the woods. That and the lesson learned that if you are in bad shape, don't over do it or you will injure yourself. Best to be used to camping and hiking if you are going to take off.
    Last edited by Renee; 01-31-2017 at 05:11 PM.

KC, Misery-- It's Missouri- you have to 'Show Me'...

Where do you start from...???
    leave the gun... take the cannoli...

In times of strength prepare for times of weakness...

Hit Walmart, stock up cheap, drop your car at a popular trailhead, then wander the parking lot explaining your buddy took off on you and you need a ride into town. Stay on foot, hit the local Goodwill for clothes, look homeless, they'll never find you in 100k square miles. If you really want to mess with them, get a burner cell at some point and call your house to say hello then hand it to a homeless guy with $20 to go take a walk. Picking up blush while you're at the store and giving yourself a "sunburn" won't hurt if you feel like blending in and panhandling for a little bit.