Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ATV Shed Project

Default ATV Shed Project

Below is a YouTube video of a building project I worked on over the summer of 2016. Still lots of stuff to do to finish it up. This is the first time I've undertaken a project of this size and I kind of made up a lot of stuff as I went. For instance, I really didn't know what kind of roof I was going to use until I got right to it. The trail I was using for ingress turned into a swamp about halfway through the project so I couldn't transport ready made trusses to where the build was taking place, I had to go with what I could more easily haul in. A new road brought in right near the end of the project made problems like that go away however. If there are any pros out there let me know if you spot any glaring mistakes.

The video is just under 20 minutes long.

https://youtu.be/usiLkI0sfy0

Thanks,
    Last edited by Feral Underclass; 02-11-2017 at 05:00 PM.
    Remember; what looks back at you in the mirror, better damn well be what's looking in the mirror.

looks great to me !!

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    looks great to me !!
    Thanks! I appreciate that.
    Remember; what looks back at you in the mirror, better damn well be what's looking in the mirror.

Nice work. Kudos.

Joe - NY

Looks great, a little over built but that's not a bad thing. On your stringers always cut the thickness of your tread off the bottom, and keep that in mind when figuring the length. There may be a few too many nails in your framing especially what I could see in the deck framing. I always prefer to use two 6"pieces for the treads on exterior steps rather than a solid 12" piece, they seem to hold up better. Overall impressive and satisfying I'm sure, that you built it yourself. Money can get away quickly on those little projects lol. Thanks I enjoyed it.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

That is impressive!
    "Improvise, adapt & overcome"
    Clint Eastwood - Heartbreak Ridge

Your roof is upside down. Just kidding. Looks good, I was watching and waiting but didn't see anything I would do differently.
    Common sense is so uncommon nowadays it ought to be reclassified as a super power

Quote Originally Posted by flock6 View Post
    Looks great, a little over built but that's not a bad thing. On your stringers always cut the thickness of your tread off the bottom, and keep that in mind when figuring the length. There may be a few too many nails in your framing especially what I could see in the deck framing. I always prefer to use two 6"pieces for the treads on exterior steps rather than a solid 12" piece, they seem to hold up better. Overall impressive and satisfying I'm sure, that you built it yourself. Money can get away quickly on those little projects lol. Thanks I enjoyed it.
    Thanks much!

The six inch rather than twelve inch treads makes sense. Good to know. Re the nails; there is a special place in heaven for the man who invented the pneumatic nail gun. I tended to get a little happy with it.

Who doesn't like the sound of a nail gun working? Hell I put a few in just to hear it lol
    "Improvise, adapt & overcome"
    Clint Eastwood - Heartbreak Ridge

Very nice! Square footage?