Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wtf did i just hear?

Hey Beowulf,

I'm sure you remember those extra thick heavy winter Parkas that the Air Force used to issue. I had one up in Iceland. They sure would stop a lot of wind but then they were thick too. They had a fur lined hood on them. Of What was the fur lining made?? Do you remember???

Orangetom

Mountains & Lakes of the extreme NorthEast

This link might help determine it. Seems Ebay, Amazon, et al have these (or similiar) too.

http://www.uswings.com/product/n-2b-...eather-jacket/

Yup Winni....That is it. I had both versions. One was a longer version which would go below your waist and the other was similar to the one in the photo..but it was a dark blue.

They sure would stop wind and cold...particularly the longer version but I can understand the waist version for pilots.

Thanks for the link,
    Orangetom

all I can tell ya is the guy across the road from me,, the one with the sheep.. had them running through the trees on his property ,, they would carry on till they got to the other side of the property and he had 160 acres,,It would always be me seeing him walking with his dogs the next day and he would stop at the driveway and ask if I had heard them the night before. Yup , sure did,, I don't let the dogs go out after 9 pm here they tend to use the windbreaks and feed rows,, the ones planted with crabapples and bearberries out in the fields to work on the top soil blowin off, as some way to dig up a den inside those rows of trees. I've seen them go in and out of what they've dug up through there.