Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Snopacacylispe

Here in the northern rocky mountain front they don't let the kids out for recess if the temp is below 0 F. Our kiddo missed the bus yesterday, -5 F, snowing and the bus was early. Relatives in portland area have been on facebook talking about the school closures and what a confusing mess it is. If you are in one of those areas the best thing would be to pick the kid up, oh wait they probably aren't allowed to use studded snow tires. Micro aggression's against the road.

Snow? What the hell is that? LOL

We got almosr 2 feet of snow last weekend. Spent 2 days plowing as it just kept coming down. Have to remember that in Oregon, people are so helpless they can't even pump their own gas.

12" in my driveway right now, and more coming tonight. We were sent home early from work because of the roads getting nasty. Made $60 on the way home with my 4x4 and a logging chain. Lady missed the curve, gently slid in the ditch, and AAA couldn't have a wrecker out here for almost 3 hours due to calls.

Last time the interstate was shut down here was because it was falling faster than the plows could move it. Driving in a pure white-out can be fun as heck.
    Μολὼν λαβέ (Molon labe), “Come and get them!”

Nobody owes you anything. You're only entitled to what you worked for.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." - Optimus Prime

Canadian border state that begins with a "M"

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Eagle View Post
    Made $60 on the way home with my 4x4 and a logging chain. Lady missed the curve, gently slid in the ditch, and AAA couldn't have a wrecker out here for almost 3 hours due to calls.

Just kidding, guessing there's probably more to the story L.E.
    Everything marked, everything 'membered. You wait, you'll see.

Things get silly here with the snow. I'm fine with that, I enjoy being home and the roads are deserted enough to go do donuts with the kids.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

This morning was better then expected. Sure enough the lines were 3 deep for all 10 pumps of gasoline. My favorite is when a car pulls up to the dielsel pump and waits for a few mins. Then they complain that they have been waiting. The attendant turns and politely says your car takes gasoline, your at the diesel pump. In NJ gasoline is pumped for you but diesel is self serve.

It shouldn't be illegal to eliminate the stupid!
    "Improvise, adapt & overcome"
    Clint Eastwood - Heartbreak Ridge

Quote Originally Posted by marked View Post
    Unless it's a woman I'll hand them my recovery strap and tell 'em to hook up their own vehicle and hand me the other end. Whatever they hook to is coming out of the ditch, and I won't be responsible if it's only part of their car lol.

Having a recovery strap and jumper cables is a great way to make new friends in the winter. Our plow truck doesn't often leave our property but when it does I try to keep an eye out for elderly people shovelling their drive and offer to take a few swipes with the plow if they'd like. I refuse money, but have been known to accept beer or cookies.

White-out/blizzard kid friendly joke:

You: (pointing) Look!!!
    Kid: (looking): What? I can't see anything?
    You: Right there! A polar bear drinking a glass of milk!
    Good point. Typically we just get ice down here, not really any snow. We don't have any plows so any snow or ice we get stays on the roads till it melts.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

We haven't had any snow in 3 years--- THANK GOODNESS! Wife really wants some, so we can ride the [ very rural ] gravel roads through the woods in the Kawasaki Teryx SXS. All that mess is good for.......
    ''the heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left'' Ecclesiastes 10:2 [ NIV ]

I guess you don't ice fish?