Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yes. Sugar is killing us.

People calorie expectancy is usually over rated.

I focus on lean protein at 1 gram per body weight

Don't diet, modify your food intake.

Instead of carbs look at low to no calorie foods. Whole, raw leafy greens n vegs.

Lean meats sirloin, strips, pork, fish, shrimp, eat a lot of canned chicken n luv some turkey.

I spend more time shopping reading labels than shopping.

Minimally processed or whole foods. I do like something sweet from time to time. But moderation over indulgence.
    Last edited by Alredneck; 12-10-2016 at 09:56 PM.

I don't eat sugar other than what is already in the food we buy. But I eat what I want. Mostly what we grow or kill, but I don't count carbs or fat or whatever. We are all gonna die. The food , soil, and air is all polluted, so why worry. Eat what you want , be happy, there is no such thing as "organic" as polluted as the world is.

My wife and I have consciously cut out some of the crap associated with processed foods. We only use real stick butter, no margarine, only whole milk, coconut oil for baking rather than veg oil. We also try to only buy local, non medicated, non GMO meats and vegs/fruits, drink much more filtered well water rather than pop/koolaid. It has helped her fibromyalgia, and my heart issues.

If your spending less energy metabolizing food, the body can spend more time repairing deficiencies.

Big proponent for intermentint fasting. Check out a chick called Dr Sara solomon, gives good advice, outstanding attitude, and a different outlook on training. Think this chick gives good advice vs typical dieting, workout regimes. Also does her own cooking and nutrientional information.

This was my dinner last night. No sugar at all.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

One thing I enjoyed a few weeks ago was switching over from cane sugar to coconut palm sugar. It's 4 cals, vs 10-15 in cane sugar. It also breaks down different and might be better sweetener for diabetic types or folks with various ailments.

Not against some of the newer versions of sugar alcohols but seems these are more of a byproduct of genetic engineering.

Not a fan of genetic engineered foods and seem most prevalent right here in the USA but unbeknownst in media are out lawed in several other countries. If ya noticed our population isnt exactly the greatness of health but the scheme of " managed Healthcare " that only cares about profits and not the health of the people.

Coconut palm sugar has as much fructose (the really bad sugar) as table sugar has.....
    Good medicine in bad places

So is there a better alternative to sugar?
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Not eating sugar is a better alternative. Your body does not require dietary sugar to function.

Eating less sugar is good. The AVERAGE American eats 156 pounds of sugar a year....that means some eat FAR more, some less. Thats 31 5-lb bags.

Sugar is in virtually all processed foods, in most factory breads (hot dog and hamburger buns, in particular), in condiments like ketchup. There are no 'healthy' sugars, there are only less unhealthy ones which is like asking if you would prefer getting shot with a .45 or a 9mm...Personally, I would prefer NOT getting shot.

And thats just the overt sugar. Foods that contain carbohydrates (a fancy word for sugar) include anything made from cereal grains, tubers, beans, etc.
    Good medicine in bad places

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel. MD View Post
    Coconut palm sugar has as much fructose (the really bad sugar) as table sugar has.....
    Can you please explain this? How is this fructose not the same that naturally occuring in fruit?