Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lots of sickness in my house right now

Default Lots of sickness in my house right now

The Friday before thanksgiving I went to the doc and was diagnosed as having a virus that is going around. Fast forward almost a week and the crud ended up giving me a case of bronchitis. Well, my wife went to the doctor last Friday and she now has the flu. On Sunday I had to take my daughter to the doctor and she tested positive for strep throat. Just yesterday my wife had to take our daughter to the emergency room because her temp had gotten up to just over 105 degrees! So now we find out that she also has pneumonia! During all of this I seemed to have developed a head cold of some kind while still coughing due to the bronchitis.

With all of that said, during a shtf event, what can one do when the entire household gets sick like this? Is there something that I can stock up on now that could help us? Antibiotics maybe but I am concerned about their short shelf life.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Rule #1 limit exposure! Even in today's fast paced society where we don't think we have time to think we can take precautions.

Vitamin C is your friend

Learn your herbs now! Do you have roses in your yard? Try rose hips they're packed with vitamin C
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Prayers for your families strength

Thank you for the prayers. Yes, we have a couple of massive rose bushes. What are the hips that you speak of?

Uh-oh.

Have YOU been tested for strept? Because it might be the cause of your bronchitis!

Quote Originally Posted by Kansas Terri View Post
    Uh-oh.

Have YOU been tested for strept? Because it might be the cause of your bronchitis!
    No, I have not been tested. I've had strep before and I could barely drink anything. My throat now is barely bothering me at all and it is the normal color too.

get to store and get one small bottle of peppermint oil.. use that and diffuse throughout the house will help with bronchial dialation.. the amish have a cure for strep,, might be on you tube.. and also keep a moist warm towel on your chest to help break up congestion.. sliced onions on bottom of feet with slippers over to keep pushed onto the skin ,, helps with fever. also see my post on Christmas gift to everyone,, make the tea,, feel the difference.. years of experience for all of this.. now is your time to practice what you'd have to do for the bug out situation.. make chicken noodle soup,, jewish penicillin. lay off the dairy products while sick with these symptoms it produces phlegm.
    Also make a spray bottle of home made sanitizer.. and wash all bed sheets everyday in hot water.. this takes care of a lot,, otherwise once a week is good.
    I've done home health care live in style with elderly and am now a senior.. you can buy those premade sanitizing wipes if you want but knowing how to make the spray and keep the ingredients on hands will give you the "been there don't that's" and it soon can become second nature.
    everything in that tea,, has a purpose to healing the body and giving quicker recovery time. God Bless
    Last edited by silvergramma; 12-07-2016 at 11:30 AM. Reason: forgot something

Yep, what she said ^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by silvergramma View Post
    get to store and get one small bottle of peppermint oil.. use that and diffuse throughout the house will help with bronchial dialation.. the amish have a cure for strep,, might be on you tube.. and also keep a moist warm towel on your chest to help break up congestion.. sliced onions on bottom of feet with slippers over to keep pushed onto the skin ,, helps with fever. also see my post on Christmas gift to everyone,, make the tea,, feel the difference.. years of experience for all of this.. now is your time to practice what you'd have to do for the bug out situation.. make chicken noodle soup,, jewish penicillin. lay off the dairy products while sick with these symptoms it produces phlegm.
    Also make a spray bottle of home made sanitizer.. and wash all bed sheets everyday in hot water.. this takes care of a lot,, otherwise once a week is good.
    I've done home health care live in style with elderly and am now a senior.. you can buy those premade sanitizing wipes if you want but knowing how to make the spray and keep the ingredients on hands will give you the "been there don't that's" and it soon can become second nature.
    everything in that tea,, has a purpose to healing the body and giving quicker recovery time. God Bless
    We already have pepermint oil. I'm going to have to take a picture of our oil stash and post it. Thanks for the other advice!