Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lots of sickness in my house right now

the reason I mentioned peppermint oil is because I used to work in a daycare down south and everything those kids came down with,, the teachers did too. so to do some preventive medicine the director and I ( this was after culinary career) did some serious research into environmental ( the term I am using for this) prevention.
    She brought in a coffee cup warmer and I brought in the peppermint oil.
    We kept it at her desk near the front door. Needless to say the whole place quit smelling like dirty diapers and vomit right away lol.
    and it helped all of us when you have an enclosed daycare with 45 kids and 5 teachers and a floater.. yeah ... get the picture..

My wife has been a nurse for years and now in our "declining" years we are raising a kiddo. So with a primary age kid and a wife that works in a urgent care we have been exposed to a lot of crud. We have never had a flu or pneumonia shot. Yes I take a handful of supplements every day, we have a diffuser with essential oils going a lot. Lots of water consumption and extra rest are vital. One of the problems is that you have to be prepared before the virus or bacteria comes around.

The other factor we notice is how we are doing with stress, it seems we can be stressed for a period of time and then just as things get resolved we get sick.

Now is certainly the time to get a handle on any cures and lifestyle awareness so that your health can be the best possible for the coming hard times. We store antibiotics for the really bad stuff and it still works even when years old.

Quote Originally Posted by flock6 View Post
    Rule #1 limit exposure! Even in today's fast paced society where we don't think we have time to think we can take precautions.

Vitamin C is your friend

Learn your herbs now! Do you have roses in your yard? Try rose hips they're packed with vitamin C
    Good stuff.

Bleach is your friend.

Bed rest, stay hydrated. And yes, antibiotics. Many of these illnesses just need to run their course. YMMV.

I rarely get sick where I need to go to the doctor, but whenever I have, the doctor always wants to give me a -z-pack. I never take it. I'm more concerned about an infection (think MRSA sp), and my body having built up resistance to antibiotics to the point where it's nearly as effective as it needs to be in a true life and death situation.

Joe - NY

Vit C#1
    We have also started keeping Zicam on hand. At the first sign of a cold (and it must get started within 24-36 hours of getting sick to be effective) we start on that and after three years has proved very effective at warding off colds. It does not help with Strep.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

I want to thank all of you for the advice given. We are all doing much better, but still not 100% just yet. I put peppermint oil in my daughter's difuser along with some other oils we commonly use for her. She now is sleeping throughout the night and does not start coughing again until the difuser runs out and turns off.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Good to hear
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.