Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: New Official Dog Thread....

Quote Originally Posted by texasskeeter View Post
    The pics are awesome!! It's funny how our dogs just take over and act like what are you going to do about it! Lol I wouldn't give them up for the world who else loves you as much when you walk in the door? damn sure not the wife and kids LOL
    l

It's a humbling moment when you realize they have you trained
    Cry in training - laugh in battle

And skeeter if you ever have a doubt.

Just lock your wife and dog in a car for 5 hours on a hot day then see which one is happy and see you when you come back
    Cry in training - laugh in battle

Arch beat you to it Alaska in post #66. Still funny though every time I read it!!
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska View Post
    And skeeter if you ever have a doubt.

Just lock your wife and dog in a car for 5 hours on a hot day then see which one is happy and see you when you come back
    Actually I just can't resist to reword that

Just lock your wife and dog in a car for 5 hours on a hot day then see which one is happy to see you pack.

Canadian border state that begins with a "M"

Here's our new killer:

Just 10 weeks old or so, we're the 3rd home for her already and no clue at all on the breeds of her parents. Most likely both were just mutts, I see some boxer and the vet agreed but just guessing. 10 lbs now, hoping she gets to at least 50 and 75+ would be great as we like big dogs.

Seems reasonably smart, when I told her I thought pure breeds were better than mutts she responded:

Responds to her name (Dani) and will come to "here" with enough encouragement. Likes to retrieve toys, I divide up the "get it" and "bring here" into separate commands when training prior dogs and found it works well - doubt she's getting those parts yet but trying to reinforce it as two separate commands anyway. About 80% daytime housebroken, but that drops to about 20% at night. Boxer/bull/pit-things aren't my favorite breeds, but my cousin had her as an extra dog he couldn't keep and we were in need of a new one so...
    Everything marked, everything 'membered. You wait, you'll see.

Oh boy! He looks like he's gonna be fun! Adorable pup!
    Remember what Einstein said:
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.

Quote Originally Posted by marked View Post
    Here's our new killer:
    Seems reasonably smart, when I told her I thought pure breeds were better than mutts....
    Mutts are better, smarter, etc.

Awesome pup you got there Marked... nice find. It's always an adventure bringing a new one aboard, isn't it?
    In a crazy world, it's the crazy man who can get by - and it's about to get cray-cray up in here.

He looks awesome and rescues are always the best!

Here's my girl Heidi. She's 11 weeks, obeys sit, lay down, come, stay (for about 10 feet or 45 secs whichever comes first) go get it (she still grabs my hand when I point most of the time) shake (she gives me her big ol paw about 60% of the time) fetch (all day long) hold and release when we play tug of war. We have a long ways to go but I'm very impressed with her willingness to learn.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

At her 12 week vet visit, I went ahead and had her chipped since we had our blue heeler pup stolen at 7 months old. Heidi weighed in at 26 pounds! She's going to be amazing.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.