Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help with Projects/Meetings/Trade

You and me both. Never trapped before myself. Theres a good article about types of survivalists in one of my magazines; one is Prepper. And PLEASE, whatever yall do, don't confuse my Country/Traditional ways with Hippies. If anyone is in NC or comes here, avoid Asheville. Its Hippieville.

Pemmican, is it any good? has anyone tried it? considering making some myself. As far as personality goes, Id say Im like this in a way.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFA-t0BzLCc

Well, ya, but not classes.
    I can show most anyone how to set traps.

Trap sets are different in areas of the country.
    Most of mine are dry sets, since I cannot use conibear traps for beaver, I trap mostly coons, coyotes, possums and beaver with leg hold traps.
    I can't use snares either.

I don't do it for the money, not enough to be made. And I don't even do it every year, just when I get the notion.
    I used to professional years ago, but during the Reagan years, fur prices went down the drain.
    Now I just buy an amateur license, which limits me to 20 traps, and limits my fur I can sell.
    20 traps is enough, I don't feel like running a long trap line, and the money isn't good enough to justify walking the woods all winter.
    Between gas money to get there, having traps stolen, the fur stolen, fur prices stink..kinda hits a fella in the pocket.
    With 20 traps, I can go here close to home, and not spend much, and still keep in tune.

It's fun and all, but very hard to make any real money to live on.

I think I mentioned it Lonewolf, check out the fur market predictions for this coming year.
    You'll see what I'm talking about.
    I remember selling coon upward of 40.00, bobcat at 300.00+, and coyote at 35 to 40.00.
    Those days are long gone.
    Eat it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Troll Non-sense? Are you serious?! Criticizing this Realist here about the risks and such? Just because one never experienced something, does NOT mean they never will.
    Talk about the typical ''Nothing bad will ever happen to me.'' mentality that most seem to have in society these days.

Archie, mind you this is a SHTF/Survivalist forum and one should have an open mind. Noone is completely safe; everyone is subject to risks and such. Perhaps, you all need to read some hunting stories and such to be enlightened. Here is a video for enlightenment on reality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uF7Db51QthQ&t=7s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNO2CUGPSl8

Now, you all can stop this crap.

KC, Misery-- It's Missouri- you have to 'Show Me'...

I'll bet the guy in the second video would go hunting with you...
    leave the gun... take the cannoli...

In times of strength prepare for times of weakness...

I can't help but wonder.... how in the dickens does a person skulking around in the woods hunting ''dangerous game'' like skunks and badgers get interwebz service?? And,, have time to search YouTube and post videos??? Now,, I can see some fat kid sitting in Mom's basement, eating Cheetos, having time--and service-- but not a woods living survivalist that shuns society.... 'Sides,,, you might get back-tracked to your lair, as everybody these days has remarkable tracking abilities. There is lots more useful things to carry around the woods than a computer, I should think.
    ''the heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left'' Ecclesiastes 10:2 [ NIV ]

Hey Arch, isn't that a pic of you sitting in a chair eating Cheetos too? Lol
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Not gonna tell a story--- I like me some crunchy Cheetos.....
    ''the heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left'' Ecclesiastes 10:2 [ NIV ]

Lol
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

Are you kidding me? Rediculing me now Archie, when you are the one sitting around and drinking beer, enjoying your luxuries of electricity and such full time.

You already stated you are not a survivalist or mountain man, Archie; so whom are you to speak about what I do? I am on here seeking a mentor and hunting partner.
    I find it offensive that you think you know everything yet in reality, you are in for a major shock when SHTF, WROL or anything, Archie.

You would think that everyone on here covers grounds for any and every situation and dismisses nothing. That does not seem to be true with you; Archie.
    If I felt threatened, I would not be on here. The fact I am and have two reasons; seeking a Woodsman/Trapping Mentor and a hunting partner should tell you something.

I am not foolish enough to be online at home base. Here are tips for you Archie.
    Attachment 960

I am not revealing my experience and secrets with you, you are on my bad side and dont deserve it at this point. Now as for my rebuttal and response, I am very active, likely more active than you and I am currently 169.7 pounds, which is in my normal weight range for my height; I rarely eat any kind of chips. Again, its a luxury and a very loud food to eat.

I do wonder if you have any real experience other than 30 years ago; sounds to me you are just a recreationalist and would not last very long at all.

Man,, you are quite the character.... Ridiculing you by asking how you get electricity and internet service in the woods?? Perhaps you are not the only one seeking knowledge,,, I simply asked how this was... AND--- how could I in your situation come to my EXACT weight--- 169.7#s-- without carrying a bulky scale in my adventures???...And it is commendable that your EXACT tally of your ''robbery'' was $2164.94?? .94 cents to the penny???? You are wasting your Actuary degree emulating Jeremiah Johnson....

I 'spect also that perhaps you are ''enjoying the luxury of electricity''---- to be able to post from the deep woods where ''dangerous animals'' are lurking behind every bush...

Unlike you-- I will be charitable enough to share two of my ''experiences and secrets'' with you. I have eaten ''loud'' foods for 72 years and survived. And,, it really is true---- you can't eat just one. And although I appreciate a ''cold beer'', truth is, I am addicted to lemon-lime Gatorade.