Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cell phones were jammed yesterday

Default Cell phones were jammed yesterday

So, as some of you know, I am a school bus driver. Well, I got off work yesterday at 8am. As I am walking out of work, LOTS of police vehicles are going past. So I get in my car and start to head home, which happens to be in the same direction. Not even 1/4 of a mile down the road, the road is completely blocked off and I can't even count the number of police vehicles there.

After being stuck for 20 minutes, my car radio goes out. It was working one minute and the next there was nothing. No static, no noise at all on ANY radio station. I also notice that my phone is not working. When I tried to make a call, it would not connect to place the call. 10 minutes after this, they open up the road and I headed home. 10 minutes later my radio had still not started working again so I turned it completely off, then started it back up. This restored things and got the radio working again.

Later that day I find out that there had been a police chase. The person had driven 50 miles in 30 minutes all the while police were in pursuit. The person had crashed just a couple of blocks away from the schools and our transportation department and it was reported that there was a foot chase. Because of this, the schools were placed on lock down, including the transportation department(doors were closed and locked, lights were turned off, gates were closed, and buses were moved to block the gates).

A coworker was talking to me yesterday afternoon. She said that she had not left at her usual time and so she was stuck at the transportation department until the lock down was called off. This lady has several kids who attend the school district that we work for. She had tried to call them to let them know what was going on, but she too could not get a call to go through.

So I guess the point of this is to say that it appears local law enforcement have the capability to jam cell phone signals. Since I was so close to the actual scene of the wreck (maybe 75 yards away) this seems to have effected my car radio as well. I am confident that the cell phone towers were not overloaded since all of this happened on the service road of a major interstate here in Texas and this is a small town of about 7000 people. It also occurred at a time of the day when there is minimal traffic on the interstate. So, there were not enough people on the phones to overload the system.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

The technologies involved are becoming increasingly sophisticated. With new terrorism law they can over rule your use of property.

I don't believe the new laws are actually securing anything besides the corruption that manufactures terrorism.

If you take a look thru places like Ferguson, Baltimore, burns, Dallas. There are sensors all over the cities that receive n transmit various signals for various projects and programs. Some look at this as the " Enhancements "that the Chinese are working on with infastructure redevelopment here in conus like in cali n Idaho.

These systems can emit microwave signals that can agitate the crowd and cause further violence.

In burns Oregon, the Fed brought a trailer out with new psyop equipment. They were blasting the people of burns with information in the form of energy which increases agitation and negative activity amongst the population. Several people reported the increase in negative dreams as well as seeing demonic images.

How is keeping leo greed alive securing anything. The people paid for this equipment not to be used against themselves. How are some of the actions taken place across the nation that are not in media not war crimes against the people by this administration?

Quote Originally Posted by 91CavGT View Post
    So, as some of you know, I am a school bus driver. Well, I got off work yesterday at 8am. As I am walking out of work, LOTS of police vehicles are going past. So I get in my car and start to head home, which happens to be in the same direction. Not even 1/4 of a mile down the road, the road is completely blocked off and I can't even count the number of police vehicles there.

After being stuck for 20 minutes, my car radio goes out. It was working one minute and the next there was nothing. No static, no noise at all on ANY radio station. I also notice that my phone is not working. When I tried to make a call, it would not connect to place the call. 10 minutes after this, they open up the road and I headed home. 10 minutes later my radio had still not started working again so I turned it completely off, then started it back up. This restored things and got the radio working again.

Later that day I find out that there had been a police chase. The person had driven 50 miles in 30 minutes all the while police were in pursuit. The person had crashed just a couple of blocks away from the schools and our transportation department and it was reported that there was a foot chase. Because of this, the schools were placed on lock down, including the transportation department(doors were closed and locked, lights were turned off, gates were closed, and buses were moved to block the gates).

A coworker was talking to me yesterday afternoon. She said that she had not left at her usual time and so she was stuck at the transportation department until the lock down was called off. This lady has several kids who attend the school district that we work for. She had tried to call them to let them know what was going on, but she too could not get a call to go through.

So I guess the point of this is to say that it appears local law enforcement have the capability to jam cell phone signals. Since I was so close to the actual scene of the wreck (maybe 75 yards away) this seems to have effected my car radio as well. I am confident that the cell phone towers were not overloaded since all of this happened on the service road of a major interstate here in Texas and this is a small town of about 7000 people. It also occurred at a time of the day when there is minimal traffic on the interstate. So, there were not enough people on the phones to overload the system.
    You think jammers are bad?

Look up Hailstorm and Stingray
    Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Tdale View Post
    You think jammers are bad?

Look up Hailstorm and Stingray

I wasn't trying to insinuate they were bad but rather just tell of how I experienced cell phones being jammed, and it was not a major disturbance.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

https://www.fcc.gov/document/warning...cement-illegal

This Enforcement Advisory once again warns the public that it is illegal to use a cell phone jammer or other device that blocks, jams, or interferes with authorized communications, and the prohibition applies to state and local law enforcement
    Document Type: Public Notice

FCC Record: DA-14-1785A1_Rcd.pdf

Bureau(s): Enforcement

Quote Originally Posted by 91CavGT View Post
    I wasn't trying to insinuate they were bad but rather just tell of how I experienced cell phones being jammed, and it was not a major disturbance.
    Gotcha,

My take on it is it's very bad (Hailstorm is worse though) unless it's a major incident where the need to turn off cell phones in necessary to protect the public. like during a terrorist attack where bombs are being remotely detonated via cell phone

Bugs me they do this for minor incidents. What if you or someone else had been in a major accident, turning off the cell towers may have cost someone their life......also would make it hard to call in to the PD Dispatch and say "hey, that guy you're looking for is over here"
    Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

I thought this had been amended.

Quote Originally Posted by rhrobert View Post
    https://www.fcc.gov/document/warning...cement-illegal

This Enforcement Advisory once again warns the public that it is illegal to use a cell phone jammer or other device that blocks, jams, or interferes with authorized communications, and the prohibition applies to state and local law enforcement
    Document Type: Public Notice

FCC Record: DA-14-1785A1_Rcd.pdf

Bureau(s): Enforcement
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    I thought this had been amended.
    I wasn't aware it had been, i just went the site and looked it up. If you can find the amended version please link it. I bet I know what was removed...
    I haven't found an amended version yet.

I was just saying I thought it had been amended. Seems I read it somewhere but you couldn't prove it by me.
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

It's possible that the cell service was just overwhelmed. Media, especially, will make a cell call and not hang up - just leave the connection open to their offices. Also, emergency services use cell service as well, and in theory they can get priority service.
    Good medicine in bad places