Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Type II Diabetic?

Fidel, I am following your personal eating recommendations, and I am at #239 this evening, I was 240 this morning and 252 last week. I am losing over a pound a day at this rate, and I am eating till I am full when I am hungry, but no sugar, carbs, or starchy vegetables. If this weight lose rate is ok don't stop me, I am not hungry all the time like I thought I might be. If theres no bad side affects I am going to continue substituting Dr pepper for un-sweet iced tea, after a week I am not craving the sweet taste.

I still visit my favorite taco place for lunch, I just order their fiesta taco salad minus the chips. That equals lettuce, tomato, taco meat, guacamole, black olives, onion, sour cream and a sprinkling of cheese cheese. I had this at least once a week with sweet tea of a dr pepper, All I cut out was the soda, tea with sugar and the chips and I am losing a pound a day.

And for the record I am not diabetic type 2 or otherwise, I am just at risk according to my doctor, she just failed miserably to tell me to stop eating sugar and carbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolution View Post
    Fidel, I am following your personal eating recommendations, and I am at #239 this evening, I was 240 this morning and 252 last week. I am losing over a pound a day at this rate, and I am eating till I am full when I am hungry, but no sugar, carbs, or starchy vegetables. If this weight lose rate is ok don't stop me, I am not hungry all the time like I thought I might be. If theres no bad side affects I am going to continue substituting Dr pepper for un-sweet iced tea, after a week I am not craving the sweet taste.

I still visit my favorite taco place for lunch, I just order their fiesta taco salad minus the chips. That equals lettuce, tomato, taco meat, guacamole, black olives, onion, sour cream and a sprinkling of cheese cheese. I had this at least once a week with sweet tea of a dr pepper, All I cut out was the soda, tea with sugar and the chips and I am losing a pound a day.
    Pretty amazing how well it works - and without feelings of starvation or depression.

Good work!
    Good medicine in bad places

For dinner I am still eating steak, chicken, or rabbit, I am just picking low carb veggies to go along with it. I took the recommendation of no pre-prepared salad dressings and am using various seed oils and vinegar's. After a week I really like the sesame oil and tarragon vinegar with a splash of Louisiana hot sauce for a salad dressing, it might sound weird but I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel. MD View Post
    Pretty amazing how well it works - and without feelings of starvation or depression.

Good work!
    Its almost too easy. I haven't checked my BP in a few days but I can't imagine it would be any worse losing 12 pounds.

I am canceling sugar and carbs for life. I can live without things that will shorten my life.

On a serious note, are there any problems associated with losing weight too fast? I am planing this no-sugar-carb as a permanent eating regimen. I have no desire to be this heavy ever again, I gained this weight in a bad spot in life and I never intend to do it again. I have a more even clarity of though after only a week, will that improve or stay the same, I hope it won't get worse as I adjust to the new eating style.

In my experience, the clarity of thought remained once I get on a diet that was healthy for my body.

It is my opinion that my own mental lethargy was caused by my body's blood sugar jumping around. At any rate, once I got on a diet that worked for me, the clarity of thought remained. It remains as long as I stay on my diet. My own diet is a little different than yours, though it is lower in carbs than the Standard American Diet. Lunch for me was leftover fried chicken and an apple. Dinner last night was a fish and shrimp boil with Zaterain's crab boil spices, and I had a half a biscuit and half a potato with my fish.

If I eat too many carbs at one sitting, the foggy head comes back.

It sounds like the diet you are on works for you, so by all MEANS stay on it! 20 years ago I was put on a low fat, high carb diet and I felt terrible. When I was put on a diabetic diet I felt much better, but when I started testing my blood sugar I realized it was gong up when I ate as many carbs as I was allowed, so I reduced them and felt even better. So I eliminated carbs entirely but that did not work for me. I believe that when your diet is right your body will let you know.

I regret that I have no advice as to how rapid a weight loss is healthy: your doctor might be able to tell you.
    Last edited by Kansas Terri; 10-20-2016 at 12:30 PM.

On a serious note, are there any problems associated with losing weight too fast? I am planing this no-sugar-carb as a permanent eating regimen. I have no desire to be this heavy ever again, I gained this weight in a bad spot in life and I never intend to do it again. I have a more even clarity of though after only a week, will that improve or stay the same, I hope it won't get worse as I adjust to the new eating style.
    As long as you're not in starvation mode, and eating a more or less balanced diet, you should be fine. I take a variety of supplements daily (2 multi-vitamins with minerals, 3000 IU vit D-3, Co-Q10, quecertin, Vit-C), just to be sure. Thinking about adding some Nuclotide Ribotase as well to see if it has an effect.
    Good medicine in bad places

For dinner I am still eating steak, chicken, or rabbit, I am just picking low carb veggies to go along with it. I took the recommendation of no pre-prepared salad dressings and am using various seed oils and vinegar's. After a week I really like the sesame oil and tarragon vinegar with a splash of Louisiana hot sauce for a salad dressing, it might sound weird but I like it.
    Yummy rabbit! You like seafood. Some Mahi Mahi grilled is awesome and get farm raised shrimp a good bit.

It's crazy how many carbs n sugar on in processed foods.

The more natural/organic the better.

How bout almonds or walnuts coconut healthy fats.

Sounds like your getting some good results. Everyone cheats at times as long as you don't go over board and stay more on food plan don't feel guilty about a bad decision.

For a backyard cook 0ut, salmon is lovely. It tastes smoky and all it needs is a little salt. And, mushrooms cooked in butter makes an awesome topping for hamburgers.

I am a big believer of listening to feedback from your body, and if this diet suits you then it is a good thing for you. The only trick is translating what it is telling you: hunger and appetite are not the same thing! I had to learn to listen to the one but not the other.