Thread: Montana is the place where you are most likely to die of an animal attack.

Default Montana is the place where you are most likely to die of an animal attack.

I would rather face bears and moose than walk down the wrong street in chicago.

http://www.wideopenspaces.com/the-mo...ls-in-america/

Well I see my state is # 2 . I'd rather be killed by a moose than a frickin rattlesnake.

Talked to a guy in CO said he got attacked by a mountain lion.

The only critters that I believe are a real threat are the two legged kind. Animals usually respect other animals. There's just a bunch in the specie who think they are above animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Alredneck View Post
    Talked to a guy in CO said he got attacked by a mountain lion.

The only critters that I believe are a real threat are the two legged kind. .
    People allergic to bee stings might disagree just a bit.

I think very few animal attacks occur out of anything but surprise......walking unannounced upon mama bear and cubs, or moose during rut season.

Agreed! Other than stalking animals, most will try to avoid a confrontation if they aren't threatens or feel threatened.

Now wasps will attack just cuz they can but, honey bees will not, unless you agitate them or make sudden jerky movements around their hive bu when foraging, they will not attack.

Quote Originally Posted by ckelly78z View Post
    I think very few animal attacks occur out of anything but surprise......walking unannounced upon mama bear and cubs, or moose during rut season.
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    Agreed! Other than stalking animals, most will try to avoid a confrontation if they aren't threatens or feel threatened.

Now wasps will attack just cuz they can but, honey bees will not, unless you agitate them or make sudden jerky movements around their hive bu when foraging, they will not attack.
    Unless they're African bees, Cami. All you have to do is fart pretty loud and they'll be on you like stink on sh*t. They're about a hundred times more ill tempered than yellow jackets, and yellow jackets are just EVIL mean. Ain't got no sense of humor at all!
    Last edited by beowulf; 10-06-2016 at 09:31 PM.

Ahhh true! I forgot about those little fu@kers! LOL

That's all we seem to have down at the ranch, although I'm curious. As a kid, an older great uncle spoke of Spanish Bees that were more aggressive than regular honey bees, but before Africanized bees were ever news. I wonder what variety they may have been. He robbed beehives as a poor orphan growing up in the 30's I guess, he served in WW II.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Probably Apis Mellifera Iberiensis.