Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is There a thing as to MUCH water ?

Yeah just ask Cape Town residents this very question. If one has the resources store as much as you can....
    "The First Gay President", L'dMAO!! "Peace can ONLY be achieved through SUPERIOR FIREPOWER, STOMPING LIBS and CARPETBOMBING"!!

we are blessed with several springs and creeks, but also have several different water filters.
    I agree water is sorta like ammo, takes a whole lot to conclude you have enough.
    but making your own so to speak with filters is something we should all do.
    besides if for any reason you have to leave your retreat, filters weight a lot less, hehe

I've drank from the local creeks, trying to build up an immunity, works good for weight loss lol. I have a spring that the kids and I drink from, moss, crawdads, water bugs, but no diarrhea.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Too much water can kill you. Just ask drowning victims.

Mountains & Lakes of the extreme NorthEast

Quote Originally Posted by flock6 View Post
    I've drank from the local creeks, trying to build up an immunity, works good for weight loss lol. I have a spring that the kids and I drink from, moss, crawdads, water bugs, but no diarrhea.
    Damn, I was going to challenge you on the diarrhea

I grew up drinking water out of stock troughs and never got sick. Lucky maybe, I don't know.

Prepping for this hunt in NWT, Canada we are told that every valley up there has a glacial stream to collect water from and to take 2 1 liter Nalgene bottles. At 59 yo I'm leary of this, maybe I got smart somewhere, but I've invested much into this hunt and will be damned if I risk ruining the hunt from a water bug of any kind. Granted up where it freezes every night and the water is cold chances are slim, but I'm taking a filter regardless. Also will have tablets and then most water consumed will be boiled into meals and coffee/soup, but I ain't taking any chances.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Prepping for this hunt in NWT, Canada we are told that every valley up there has a glacial stream to collect water from and to take 2 1 liter Nalgene bottles. At 59 yo I'm leary of this, maybe I got smart somewhere, but I've invested much into this hunt and will be damned if I risk ruining the hunt from a water bug of any kind. Granted up where it freezes every night and the water is cold chances are slim, but I'm taking a filter regardless. Also will have tablets and then most water consumed will be boiled into meals and coffee/soup, but I ain't taking any chances.
    no kidding. Safety first, macho leads to bad things.

My senior year hiking w buddy. Decided to drink from stream to conserve water Friday night on the way to camp. Amoebic disentary resulted. Fortunately it hit Monday night for both of us. 106 temp for a few days. If this had been a week trip we might not have survived.

Filters are cheap compared to the alternative.

Water and ammo...too much? AIN'T NO SUCH THING, unless you live in a low lying area subject to flooding. THAT kind of water you can have too much off...but its the only time "too much" applies.