Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So focused on the 2nd, we forgot about the first?

Default So focused on the 2nd, we forgot about the first?

Hillary wants to get rid of what she calls the "alt" media.... meaning, any outlet of divergent opinion not beholden to the Big Six (corporations that own virtually all mainstream media in the US).

Not that long ago, it was proposed by tbe FCC to station a government observer in every print and broadcast medis outlet.

And let's not forget Diane Feinstein advocating for the idea that if you aren't a paid emp.oyee of one of the Big Six that you are not a "journalist" and thus have no "freedom of the press" protection under tbe 1st amendment.

It was bad enough when they implemented "free speech" zones but now the internet itself is being forked over into international hands. And possibly the content may be regulated by those who are not restricted by the US constitution.

I had some wild-eyed fever-dream notion about the Jade Helm exercise being about installing censor nodes on various junction points along the information superhighway. That was just a thought exercise, but what if there were some kernel of truth to it? (eta: I know I referenced nodes, Jade Helm, and the movie "The Core" in that post but for the life of me I cannot find it now... just weird yes?).

We are so dependent on electronic communication these days. It is difficult to imagine mounting any kind of meaningful resistance without it. At tbe BART protests of recent memory, one of the tactics employed was to cut off cell & text services in the protest area. No wzy for leadership to direct the protesting.

Is it harder to get patriots worked up about eroding 1st A rights than about 2A? If it is, it shouldn't. Without the noble words and shrewd planning of ghe founders, the American Revolution would have been little more than an angry mob fed up with taxes and Brittish oppression which they really couldn't articulate well enough to command the moral high ground. Independent printing presses spread the word, and were hence enshrined as a key bulwark of liberty. Now, someone not friendly to the cause of liberty holds the keys to that sacred press.

Anyone else concerned about this, or is it just me?
    Last edited by bruss01; 08-30-2016 at 04:32 PM.
    In a crazy world, it's the crazy man who can get by - and it's about to get cray-cray up in here.

CIA started their media propaganda game years ago.. Was just reading about it today. Operation Mockingbird was a secret campaign by the United States Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) to influence media. Begun in the 1950s, it was initially organized by Cord Meyer and Allen W. Dulles, and was later led by Frank Wisner after Dulles became the head of the CIA. The organization recruited leading American journalists into a network to help present the CIA's views, and funded some student and cultural organizations, and magazines as fronts. As it developed, it also worked to influence foreign media and political campaigns, in addition to activities by other operating units of the CIA. -Wiki

Hillary is focusing her energy on the "alt" media and "alt" right. New talking points to take people's minds off the real issues.

Anyone else concerned about this, or is it just me?

No...You are not the only one worried about it.

I am aware that the first ten amendments are all limits on government....not on the people. But over time and due to the ignorance and lack of thinking/education ...government has easily instituted policies which put limits on the people while freeing up government. Exactly the opposite of what was intended by the founders/framers.

I also know from years of Shortwave listening how heavy a paper curtain existed over this country even before home computers and the internet.
    I was amazed to find foreign stations broadcasting in English and how much news and information's never got into this country due to censorship and editing by the major networks. I think that with the internet ....many more people are catching on to this and recognizing what a scam many of the major networks in news and information's are in this country. Hence now the desire for a central controlling group for the internet. Try to imagine the government issuing everyone a car..the same car...the same house...the same food..the same information.

Hillary as well as much of the left has gotten away for years and years by manufacturing a bad guy to distract people from really thinking for themselves.
    It is getting more difficult to sell to more people ..they have seen to much of this pattern in operation. They have played the "War on Women" one time to many. The race card one time to many...the sex and sexuality card one time to many....all of them "Victim Cards."

Now she is manufacturing an Alt Media card.

The non Alt Media is rigged....why is she striking out on the Alt Media???

It is just a variation of "Good cop/bad cop."

Thanks,
    Orangetom

With the repeal of the antipropaganda act in July of 2013, the media has been under fire considerably more than what it was.

Yes, I am concerned about it too. With the change in hands of the internet, just dropping all message forums would make it incredibly difficult to spread info and coordinate anything else.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Quote Originally Posted by bruss01 View Post
    Hillary wants to get rid of what she calls the "alt" media.... meaning, any outlet of divergent opinion not beholden to the Big Six (corporations that own virtually all mainstream media in the US).

Not that long ago, it was proposed by tbe FCC to station a government observer in every print and broadcast medis outlet.

And let's not forget Diane Feinstein advocating for the idea that if you aren't a paid emp.oyee of one of the Big Six that you are not a "journalist" and thus have no "freedom of the press" protection under tbe 1st amendment. .......
    This is a topic which I think ought scare the ****** out of every American ..... but NO ONE EVER DISCUSSES IT!!!! Where in the mainstream media? Bill O'Rielly? Limbaugh? Fox News Sunday's talking heads?
    WHERE?

The idea that govt. should have the ability to TKO "alt media" is scary. I remember (far too well) Hillary's harsh banshee screeching during Bush the Younger's reign about everyone having the right to dissent from government. Anyone here remember that too? Anyone else agree that Hillary sounds like a banshee or Harpie when she yells like that? Well, OK she may not have sounded nice but, actually, she was right! But now, of course, she thinks she's headed for the Big Throne once Occupied by Shrubbie the Younger so her tone has flipped 180 degrees.
    Hypocrit!!!!!
    OKAY ..... I don't think I have much else to rant about, you guys know what's going on here....I'm just here venting and shaking my head at the sheer chutzpah of some of the power mongers we have who aspire to high power ---- or are already in high power. *SIGH!*

Quote Originally Posted by 91CavGT View Post
    Yes, I am concerned about it too. With the change in hands of the internet, just dropping all message forums would make it incredibly difficult to spread info and coordinate anything else.
    This is the actual intent behind control over the i'net. TPTB are acutely aware of the unrest among the "unwashed masses" and will do ANYTHING to maintain their power over us. This is the classic picture of the "march into tyranny." Control the communications, take away the arms, exert more power.

This is why many patriot and prepper groups strongly encourage getting a Ham license - TPTB can't control that mode, short of jamming the bands. Remember "Radio Free Europe?" Can "Radio Free America" be far off?

We are on the edge...stay frosty and keep your powder dry.
    Peaceful Lives Will Not Deliver Freedom - Jon Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by sealaw View Post
    This is the actual intent behind control over the i'net. TPTB are acutely aware of the unrest among the "unwashed masses" and will do ANYTHING to maintain their power over us. This is the classic picture of the "march into tyranny." Control the communications, take away the arms, exert more power.

This is why many patriot and prepper groups strongly encourage getting a Ham license - TPTB can't control that mode, short of jamming the bands. Remember "Radio Free Europe?" Can "Radio Free America" be far off?

We are on the edge...stay frosty and keep your powder dry.
    Kinda off topic but is there any way to extend the effective range of a uv5r beofung?
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

I hate to be repetitive, but I can give the same answer I just gave on orangetom's post about connecting the dots. The elite not only want to ban guns, they also want to control the media/free speech. They are power-hungry wolves who want total control of our lives. They will slowly chip away at freedom of speech, just like our gun rights, until they control ALL media.

91 Cav GT.

Kinda off topic but is there any way to extend the effective range of a uv5r beofung?
    I have several of the Baofeng radios..the five watt and also the 8 watt models. They are kept charged along with the spare batteries I also have for them.

I extend the range on them by hooking them up to my magnetic base two meter/70 cm car antenna or even my base station antenna. I have a garage base station in my separate garage out back. There too I hook my Baofeng via an antenna adapter to a home made base station antenna up some 60 feet in a tree..a home made J pole antenna based on these plans.

The antenna I have made is the Arrow Antenna on the right and hoisted it up some 60 feet into a tree with some nylon chord..1/8 diameter from Home depot..no antenna mast on it. The aluminum rod is blacked out with a magic marker for camouflage as well as is the white nylon chord.

here..the plans...

http://rberger.com/radio/Dual_band_J..._the_model.htm

That is how I extend my range.

And here are three of those J pole antennas I have fabricated out in my garage one night.

Now 91 Cav GT...the other way or manner in which you extend the range of a Baofeng or any other walkie talkie is to go to a location with roof access...elevation for your antenna...keep OPSEC in mind here.
    I have access to a roof top at work which is some 80 to 85 feet up.
    Another trick or knowledge is to put a large body of water between you and to where you want to talk. Water causes your signal to go further with fewer losses.
    Water and elevation both would be the best ...but if you know how to do it...one or the other will be more help than being down on the ground.

I have also just replaced my HF antenna with some 300 plus feet of 12 gauge wire from Home Depot..up in a tree tops into a Delta Loop configuration. ON this I can transmit as well as listen to and or pick up the short wave bands. My HF radio will receive and transmit straight through from the AM broadcasting band to 30 MHZ. I run a tuner on that Delta Loop antenna as well.

The other thing you can do with these Baofengs or any other walkie talkie for which the antenna can be removed is purchase a more efficient antenna. IN this case something like the Diamond brand or MFJ brand rubber duckies. These are some 18 inches or so in length and more efficient. Most walkie talkies are made with marginal factory antennas. A better antenna definitely helps.

But I started many years ago with a simple radio shack short wave set and a simple copper wire antenna strung out back...and tuned in the world.

I agree with many of you about chipping away at our liberties. Someone out here prefers herd animals to free range animals. Dependency ..not independent.

I worry more now about our future generations though I have been blessed to meet some youngsters who show potential and independence in the pattern for which they think. Not herd mentality. These youngsters give me hope. With these youngsters I will occasionally plant a seed in their mind...food for thought. I will not waste my time with those stuck in the herd mentality...or the fast food lane of thinking/living. The seed will never take in that non fertile ground.

My .02

Orangetom
    Last edited by orangetom1999; 08-31-2016 at 08:41 AM.

that ^^^

Some think power output when thinking about more range. More important than power is the antenna type and antenna height above ground.

If you build an antenna like the above for your Baofeng and get it up as high as you can, you can guesstimate your range with a line of sight calculator (I like http://www.vwlowen.co.uk/java/horizon.htm).

for instance, at 20' for one antenna and 5.5' for the other you get about 9mi. If you can get it 80-90 feet up like orangetom above, then you get more like 16mi.
    At some point, power will limit you, but antenna altitude will get you some good gains.