Thread: Hurricane coming into the gulf the last week of August?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hurricane coming into the gulf the last week of August?

So from what I have read, there is an "Invest" low pressure system that is set to head into the gulf of mexico over the next few days. Right now, this is only a low pressure system, but one of the more accurate models (Euro) shows it blowing up into a Cat. 4 hurricane in the gulf of mexico and hitting around Texas to Louisiana.

Who knows if it will do anything, and I pray that if it does form that it does not hit Louisiana. They don't need any more rain. But this is a good time to double check your evac preps if you are in a hurricane zone.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Yea I ran the genny this morning double checked the yard for debris just incase it makes a run up this way.
    Vox Populi!

There's another one that could impact the northeast late this weekend. I keeping an eye on it, especially since my fuel stores need refilling.

Joe - NY

I follow a guy on You Tube who reports on weather systems using NOAA screenshot grabs. There's actually 3 storm systems over the Atlantic now with the potential to become tropical storms or more, lined up one after another to start hitting end of August.

I follow a retired Air Force Meteorologist that's a Texas Aggie and tells of pending weather for game days. He said today that it's too early to panic about a hurricane on Sept. 3 for the opener at home.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

No need to panic, but double check my preps. I'm new to this so starting small with the goal of adding a bit more every paycheck. Right now about 2 weeks of food/water backup for me, husband, and cats, some self defense, and fire extinguisher. Got to start somewhere.

(Here's the video from the guy I'm subscribing to. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rESqacY5zb8 )

Quote Originally Posted by SteeleMagnolia View Post
    No need to panic, but double check my preps. I'm new to this so starting small with the goal of adding a bit more every paycheck. Right now about 2 weeks of food/water backup for me, husband, and cats, some self defense, and fire extinguisher. Got to start somewhere.

(Here's the video from the guy I'm subscribing to. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rESqacY5zb8 )
    agreed. I think that is how most of us do it. Sticking to the basics works.
    Vox Populi!

As time goes by, other models are predicting more and more a westerly track which takes this system into the gulf of mexico.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Quote Originally Posted by 91CavGT View Post
    As time goes by, other models are predicting more and more a westerly track which takes this system into the gulf of mexico.
    With yet warmer water (for fuel) to get stronger still, maybe.

Joe - NY