Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice/Assistance with Shelter

Default Advice/Assistance with Shelter

See my other thread in the southeast section and survival section for detailed summary.

Amongst the Stolen or Illegally Seized property was my Tent and everything in it. Presently limited with money; handicapped without a load bearing vehicle and having to walk or ride everywhere. I do not have anything other than what is with me at present. My gear/Equipment is mostly gone. I have 3 of the 4 needs covered; Food, Water and Defense/Security but no Shelter presently due to the aforementioned situation; The Raid of my Campsite Perimeter.

I have not been in this state long and as such; do not really know the region and good locations for Stealth Camp Perimeters. Where I was prior to both crimes/rights violations being committed is NOT presently an option. I refuse to risk the Security and Retention of my Camp again! I will not return unless I am with someone, for Security precautions.

Have not slept in 72 hours at present since Sunday morning. Seeking advice and/or actual assistance and meetings.

Some folks learn the hard way.

Several states are making it unlawful to be homeless. So better get a plan quick.

Yeah, I new of a lady that tried camping for an extended time. People stole her stuff twice so she gave it up. My SIL tried the same thing excepting she would take her tent down and hide her gear in heavy brush: she never did say if she also had her stuff taken.

Is it possible the owner of the land removed it ?

No. He returned all he had or so he claims. And the subsequent occurence of Larceny/Rights Violations or Illegal Seizures seems to be more likely a theft as a small portion of the property that was in my constructive possession on 7/7, was still there when I got back on 7/8 in the afternoon. Appears likely to be a camp raid. They took all I had in my constructive possession at that camp and left only the doormat and a heavy blanket with a small amount of medical supplies in it.

Clearly, Marauders and Opportunists are present and active in The Burke county side of Pisgah. One website even stated ''This is a high crime area.''

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf View Post
    No. He returned all he had or so he claims. And the subsequent occurence of Larceny/Rights Violations or Illegal Seizures seems to be more likely a theft as a small portion of the property that was in my constructive possession on 7/7, was still there when I got back on 7/8 in the afternoon. Appears likely to be a camp raid. They took all I had in my constructive possession at that camp and left only the doormat and a heavy blanket with a small amount of medical supplies in it.

Clearly, Marauders and Opportunists are present and active in The Burke county side of Pisgah. One website even stated ''This is a high crime area.''
    So you were on Private property owned by someone else without the permission of the land owner? or was this public property?
    Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

I am not a Trespasser. This was public property.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf View Post

Why would you not avoid a high crime area? Not criticizing, just curious.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Mountains & Lakes of the extreme NorthEast

This story is quite amazing. One having all their stuff stolen, no place to stay, the last thing I would have is a laptop reaching out on a new to me forum, not to mention where the internet connection is coming from... How does one charge the laptop, certainly the solar panels would be the first thing stolen...just saying...

I do not have that much money; solar panels were not involved in The Larcenies as I never had them. http://www.homedepot.com/p/Grape-Sol...Q&gclsrc=aw.ds

I will, however, state that roughly 3 years worth of hard work and equipment is now gone due to some punk or group that clearly does not RESPECT Property Rights!

I am pretty sure I asked for assistance and camaraderie and not to be rediculed or such. Is this not a SURVIVALIST FORUM; where like minded individuals are trying to connect, meet, etc.?

As for the question before Winnis post, I did not know it was a High Crime Area until I was already set up there for a short term perimeter.

You would think that a forest that is a good distance away from any store would be secure.

This post is a plea for short term assistance until I can recover my atleast 1/4th of my property by buying equipment and gear since I have had no luck finding the punks to make them pay, literally. In full restitution.