Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice/Assistance with Shelter

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf View Post
    I do not have that much money; solar panels were not involved in The Larcenies as I never had them. http://www.homedepot.com/p/Grape-Sol...Q&gclsrc=aw.ds
    Do you have a vehicle? If not that solar setup will be WAY too big to backpack........also it's insanely expensive for what you're getting.

Hopefully you didn't leave items like this unattended in the woods

I will, however, state that roughly 3 years worth of hard work and equipment is now gone due to some punk or group that clearly does not RESPECT Property Rights!
    Seems like an unfounded assumption with the facts as presented. The people who took your items may have thought they were abandoned.

What leads you to believe that they intentionally stole from you?

I am pretty sure I asked for assistance and camaraderie and not to be rediculed or such. Is this not a SURVIVALIST FORUM; where like minded individuals are trying to connect, meet, etc.?
    This is a forum for anyone, no specific mindset required, Also I wouldn't call it a survivalist forum, that word carries negative connotations

To be 100% honest with you, your story seems a little odd and you have not explained the entire situation very well, hence all the questions.

You would think that a forest that is a good distance away from any store would be secure.
    Why?

Even without people Animals could destroy you stuff in short order and depending on your AO you may have animal thieves. I've seen monkeys in Panama steal stuff.

This post is a plea for short term assistance until I can recover my atleast 1/4th of my property by buying equipment and gear since I have had no luck finding the punks to make them pay, literally. In full restitution.
    What items, specifically, did you lose? And what assistance are you specifically asking for?

I'm not trying to be crass, but it's been 2 months since the "theft" occurred, I wouldn't expect that you will recover your items after the amount of time that's passed.
    Last edited by Tdale; 10-13-2016 at 03:23 PM.
    Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Animals leave a trail and there was no trail. It is highly unlikely that an animal is capable of carrying away that much weight including a tent. Furthermore, it was just slightly more than a day that I was gone due to being caught in a flash flood and horrid thunderstorm. I have video evidence of the former campsite perimeter showing no trail and all that remained was a single item or two, a garbage bag and a mud mat were all that remained when I returned.

Animals leave a trail and there was no trail. It is highly unlikely that an animal is capable of carrying away that much weight including a tent. Furthermore, it was just slightly more than a day that I was gone due to being caught in a flash flood and horrid thunderstorm. I have video evidence of the former campsite perimeter showing no trail and all that remained was a single item or two, a garbage bag and a mud mat were all that remained when I returned.
    That still does not indicate intentional theft. People may have thought the property was abandoned, or possibly due to being caught out in the flash flood/horrid thunderstorm, had to use your items for their own immediate survival......hard to say since you're not telling us what was actually taken

You still haven't told us what assistance you are seeking
    Last edited by Tdale; 10-13-2016 at 04:27 PM.
    Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

KC, Misery-- It's Missouri- you have to 'Show Me'...

I've had more than a few convoluted, ever changing, never ending conversations at work... it usually ends with a headache and a 'OK, WTF do you want???' moment...
    leave the gun... take the cannoli...

In times of strength prepare for times of weakness...

Quote Originally Posted by ckelly78z View Post
    Is it possible the owner of the land removed it ?
    No. He returned all he had or so he claims.
    I am not a Trespasser. This was public property.
    OK, so what is it really... the owner of the property brought back some of your "stuff" or you were really on public property...
    I have to guess if the owner returned your property, they you are a trespasser.

And... what do you expect us to do?

Rancher

KC, Misery-- It's Missouri- you have to 'Show Me'...

I smell a large amount of ...
    leave the gun... take the cannoli...

In times of strength prepare for times of weakness...

Sounds like you're in a tight spot, find a construction site and ask for a little work cleaning up or something. It should work as long as your in the least bit presentable looking, if not find a busy intersection asking for money. I can understand your opsec concerns, and sorry for your loss, but you're looking for help in wrong place mainly because of the delivery of your plea. Good luck.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

I am tired of this premature judging crap! And sorry I cannot get online as often as you all want. Refer to some of my prior threads/post for example. I asked for a hunting partner and would appreciate some help for gear; even if its just borrowed; I will sign a property transfer form or property lease. I could use a crossbow and maybe some communications help for radios. Limited with money but not that bad off. None of my statements are bull****; tired of people thinking that as well. It is NOT asking too much for a meet up, some help and camaraderie. I am not asking for money; I am asking for a survival partner. Am I the only one here willing to give people a chance?! I am a good and honest man.

Another fact: Just recently I defended a group of girls around Table Rocks picnic area from a Black Bear. That was Sunday.

Anyone is subject to security and property concerns. Mine just happen to occur because I didn't have someone to act as a Sentry at my former camp perimeters while I was out on Supply Runs. Anyone ever hear the phrase; ''Strength in numbers?''

Not sure why I continuously seem to be forced to be a Lone Wolf, when I am seeking a small group of like minded individuals. The girls at Table Rock had the right idea, concept and mindset. ''Travel in groups of 3; have a Sentry at camp if you have to leave for defense of property.''

Now, why is what I seek being ridiculed and such?

The PROBLEM is that we already have places to sleep. So none of us are looking for survival partners. And, unfortunately, ANYTHING left unattended would probably get stolen, including any gear you borrowed.

A while back there was a gent on-line who backpacked across part of Europe. Basically, he had a bivy sack (spelling) to keep his bedding dry while he slept, and when he got up he would take his gear with him. He also had a black tarp to throw across his bike and cooking gear so it was hard to see at night. And, he slept at a different spot every night.

Your gear cannot get stolen if you take it with you
    Last edited by Kansas Terri; 10-20-2016 at 05:15 PM.

Problem 1- I don't have a vehicle capable of transporting a lot. only have a bike. I have established a good base camp that is secure. Youd think that this being the South and Country, I could atleast get a hunting partner off here.