Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Meeting at What-A-Burger, Jacksonville, TX Sat, Aug 6 at 1100. Come say HI

Quote Originally Posted by 91CavGT View Post
    Several years ago a group that I was a part of would go camping at a centrally located state park. We did this a few times and it was always a good turn out. It gave a good time to test out your GHB/BOB, we would chat about current events, and discuss the importance of different items.
    That is exactly what I am hoping here.

In the history of America lone wolves perish pretty quickly.

There is an old Zulu saying....He who eats alone, dies alone.

Daniel Boone brought a lot of people with him, Davy Crockett did the same. So did Lewis & Clark. The one time Jebediah(sp) Smith went out alone, the Comanche got him.

We all know we are pretty smart, and can deal with whatever is thrown at us, but even so, it is best to share our knowledge, learn from others, and be better for it.

I do not know squat about herbal medicines, but I am very interested in learning. Books give head knowledge, but people give real world practical knowledge.

I DO KNOW a whole lot about off grid 12VDC electrical systems, and have even designed a few gadgets that have worked really well in a power outage.

I am hoping this will get our behinds off the easy chair and meet with fellow Texans of like mind.
    Last edited by RetiredNSmilin; 07-29-2016 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RetiredNSmilin View Post
    So, the attendance so far is Nicor, KINGCHIP, and RetiredNSmilin.

Are we in this together, or is it merely a mild internet amusement. No offense intended.
    I'm in if nothing comes up...

I like idea of camping for a weekend in a state park here better though.

Another thing is this group is spread out all of the country here, if not the world.
    No idea how many are really in range of MnG location.

Two nights camping in a state park may be better.
    Then would be worth a longer drive.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicor View Post
    I'm in if nothing comes up...

I like idea of camping for a weekend in a state park here better though.

Another thing is this group is spread out all of the country here, if not the world.
    No idea how many are really in range of MnG location.

Two nights camping in a state park may be better.
    Then would be worth a longer drive.
    I agree. I was only proposing a meet and greet in the East Texas area. If someone does not want to drive less than an hour to meet, then they sure will not be driving any further, but maybe I am wrong. Maybe a camping trip would be worth their while.

Either way, I still would like to meet people local to me.

If someone knows how to set up a camping trip, I am all for it. Maybe Oklahoma or Kansas so other members would not have to drive too far. The more central the better.

I would imagine the site would have top be rented out in advance. Maybe a treasurer needs to be appointed or elected to handle the money side of things. Even though I get in parks for free, I would have no issue paying a fee for the whole deal that would cover odd expenses.
    Last edited by RetiredNSmilin; 07-29-2016 at 09:44 AM.

I agree. I was only proposing a meet and greet in the East Texas area. If someone does not want to drive less than an hour to meet, then they sure will not be driving any further, but maybe I am wrong. Maybe a camping trip would be worth their while.

Either way, I still would like to meet people local to me.

If someone knows how to set up a camping trip, I am all for it. Maybe Oklahoma or Kansas so other members would not have to drive too far. The more central the better.

I would imagine the site would have top be rented out in advance. Maybe a treasurer needs to be appointed or elected to handle the money side of things. Even though I get in parks for free, I would have no issue paying a fee for the whole deal that would cover odd expenses.
    No, on the MnG on bike forums, everyone took care of themselves. Notice was given of the location of the camping area inside the park and up to them to reserve a spot.
    Once in a great while someone would reserve an area of some number of camp spots and pay for it to be reimbursed... I really don't like that idea.

Thinking about it, the idea of camping may not go over big.
    You said urself before, but I will just call most of us 'loners', Which is what I tend to be.
    And along those same lines, disagree with you on the survival stats that u claim about loners.

Please count me in, if I am not at work interstate truck driving, I will be there.
    Just make up our minds where in Jacksonville. DQ or Whataburger?
    I'm only two hours away. Not far.
    Approach with a calm resolve, attack with reckless indifference. Gladius Republicae!
    "...use Gold like it's gunpowder..."

my vote for Whataburger.

comparing the seating between the two....
    DQ can get crowded.

if seating a Whataburger same as near home here.

my vote for Whataburger.

comparing the seating between the two....
    DQ can get crowded.

if seating a Whataburger same as near home here.
    That is why I initially said What-A-Burger...more seating, and we can be in the back area so we can be more private.

OK, so far, we have four people coming...plus maybe some family members.

Sounds good.

Would it offend anyone if I jokingly refer to us as the What-A-Burger Posse?

Pretty much every town in Texas has a What-A-Burger, and we could meet in different ones near other members towns to ease the travel on each member individually.

You gotta have a sense of humor to see we are meeting at a fast food place, gorging on the stuff they sell, and discussing what we will do When SHTF.

God bless America.

Would it offend anyone if I jokingly refer to us as the What-A-Burger Posse?
    Doesn't need a name and I really don't care for that name.
    If someone asks me, just going to meet a couple of HAM or fishing buddies.

Doesn't need a name and I really don't care for that name.
    If someone asks me, just going to meet a couple of HAM or fishing buddies.
    OK, no big deal.

Yeah, there was an incident of a bunch of 70 year olds planning a "stunt" and called themselves ("Geezer") something militia.
    Poker, fishing, gardening buddies, sounds innocuous.
    Approach with a calm resolve, attack with reckless indifference. Gladius Republicae!
    "...use Gold like it's gunpowder..."