Thread: Tyler / East Texas members get together at my place?

Default Tyler / East Texas members get together at my place?

Is there any members in the East Texas area that might like to get together with me and talk about plans, shoot archery or throw knives in my backyard, maybe have a reloading party, or just watch some survival movies on my 72 inch screen in the man cave. I have the original "Panic in the Year Zero" with Ray Milland, in addition to some cool gadgets I invented.

I am in the Tyler area, and would welcome anyone who would like to socialize on a periodic basis.

The problem I have seen with most survivalists is we tend to all be lone wolves, not socialize at all, and are leary of talking about our plans.

Not this kid. I am not afraid to open my home to nice people who might show me a thing or two. I am always learning new skills.

My PM is open or just reply on this thread.

Dave

sounds great.i live over on the other side of rusk from you.it'll be august 3rd at the earliest when i can head that way..
    things often don't go as planed.have a plan B?
    be prepare,be worried,be careful.and watch you 6

I would like to meet some survivalist and have a sit down chat, but like you stated and I think this applies more than you realize 'we tend to all be lone wolves'..
    Have no interest in going to someone's house.

Now you talk about meeting at a coffee shop to chat, then I'm in.

^ don't Ya think this is more presumption of false security?

House coffee shop who cares.

Been limiting my travels but looking at getting some of my stuff out of Houston so would be down for a meet and greet.

I've met alot of steelsoldiers before I was banned from that site. Talked to folks here but most seem more apprehensive.

Well, I am pleasantly suprized at the response. Thank you all.

OK, how about this.

On Saturday, August 6th, say 1100, we meet at the Whataburger in Jacksonville, TX.

It is right on the main drag in town, and is also open 24/7 in case we all like each other and decide to form a loose group of friends, or something more.

Sound good?

Saturday, August 6th, at 1100 (11AM)

I hope this to be a fun gathering to exchange ideas and just shoot the breeze, and get a feel for everyone.

Then, maybe if all is good, we can make it a regular thing. After trust is established, we could continue from there.

I would like to believe, as Texans, we are more welcoming than the others, and can actually start a small group, if nothing more than to meet, socialize, exchange ideas, and swap good ideas amongst each other.

Sat, August 6th, 1100

I am Dave, BTW...

@RetirednSmilin,

You still around ?