Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Adding a USB outlet to a flashlight

Well, after a year and a half it is still working great! It also charges phones faster than wall chargers since this puts out 3 amps instead of the typical 1 or 2 amps. About 6 months ago I also found that you can now buy a Ryobi flashlight/lantern, with a USB outlet on it! Someone from Ryobi must have stumbled across this.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

KC, Misery-- It's Missouri- you have to 'Show Me'...

Ive bought a couple flashlights w/ 18650 rechargeable batteries that one could recharge in the flashlight... Klarus seemed to have my most reliable flashlight, but even then it wasn't 100% reliable... Would be dead after a few weeks of nonuse...
    leave the gun... take the cannoli...

In times of strength prepare for times of weakness...

I found some uber cheap small flashlights that use the 14500 lithium batteries(the same physical size as a AA battery but 3.7 volt instead of 1.5 volt). I got 3 zoomable flashlights, 3 batteries, and 3 chargers for $9.99 shipped. Being so cheap my expectations were really low but I was VERY surprised. I use them when driving the school bus in the morning to see if kids are coming to the bus at stops where there are no street lights(which is most stops on my route). A charge on the battery lasts about a week and so far the batteries last for about 3 months before they won’t charge.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best