Thread: Competition for Lifestraw

Default Competition for Lifestraw

http://prepforshtf.com/sawyer-mini-w...-vs-lifestraw/

That link is to a comparison of the Lifestraw water filter and the Sawyer mini water filter. I was waiting for some company to put something up against the Lifestraw. Looks like this one might be a better deal.

The Sawyer squeeze is a lil bulkier but the flow rate is far better than the mini. Both are worth using though. (I have both of them at home)

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by No1special View Post
    http://prepforshtf.com/sawyer-mini-w...-vs-lifestraw/

That link is to a comparison of the Lifestraw water filter and the Sawyer mini water filter. I was waiting for some company to put something up against the Lifestraw. Looks like this one might be a better deal.
    I have a few of the Sawyer Minis they are pretty good, but they don't have near the flow rate of the Sawyer Squeeze, and the Squeeze is only a little bigger and IMHO is better. https://www.amazon.com/Sawyer-Produc...eywords=sawyer

The Squeeze is rated for 1 Million gallons (10X the life of the Mini), is easy to backflush, has about 3-4 times the flow rate of the Sawyer Mini, doesn't get clogged nearly as much (Less back flushing), easy to set-up in a gravity filter system with the included squeeze bag, the list goes on and on.....if you do any backpacking it's probably the most used filter in that community

Here is a god review of the differences

Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Wow, thanks for the info. I've got a Berky, so I hadn't paid much attention to other filters. Came across the mini and posted. Thought it was new.

The Squeeze does look better. Thanks again.

I've got a Berky Royal I think for BOL, and straws unopened.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

KC, Misery-- It's Missouri- you have to 'Show Me'...

Quote Originally Posted by No1special View Post
    Wow, thanks for the info. I've got a Berky, so I hadn't paid much attention to other filters. Came across the mini and posted. Thought it was new.

The Squeeze does look better. Thanks again.
    Another good filter for home is the Just Water system... I have Berkys and Just Water... Like both but the Just Water is a bit more cost effective...
    leave the gun... take the cannoli...

In times of strength prepare for times of weakness...

Quote Originally Posted by KINGCHIP View Post
    I've got a Berky Royal I think for BOL, and straws unopened.
    I have the same. Working on a cistern as well.
    "Improvise, adapt & overcome"
    Clint Eastwood - Heartbreak Ridge

I have a Berky for home use. I have Sawyers in all our cars and bags. Long life, and light weight effective filtering.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

I have a Berky for home use. I have Sawyer Minis in all our cars and bags. Long life, and light weight effective filtering. Will have to take a close look at the squeeze.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13