Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gold and silver on the rise.

Quote Originally Posted by porkingporkpork View Post
    so I have been kicking around the idea of buying PMs. And I feel I am finally in a good place to buy a few pieces of silver. Anything that I should stay away from. Like certian mints, or coin, or bars. Because I am thinking of picking up 5 1oz bars this month.
    Unless your going to buy collectors coins, then silver is silver. Just make sure you buy from a reputable dealer so you don't end up with fake silver. I buy a lot from the big name dealers on Ebay, and sometimes they have sales for 59-79 cents over spot, with free shipping. Also, JM Bullion, Provident Metals, SD Bullion, Penn Metals are good online stores with good prices. If your only in it for silver, then buy as cheap as you can. Will add, if you send a check, or are eligible for Echeck with the dealers, you get the discount. Credit cards have around a 3% surcharge.

So I finally pulled the trigger on (5) 1oz bars. bought from apmex. Got it in two day. overall happy with it. Planning on buying a couple each month, till I can't anymore. I have played around with the idea of buy gold in grams instead of buying in oz. Anything thoughts on buying gold in grams?
    Vox Populi!

KC, Misery-- It's Missouri- you have to 'Show Me'...

So I finally pulled the trigger on (5) 1oz bars. bought from apmex. Got it in two day. overall happy with it. Planning on buying a couple each month, till I can't anymore. I have played around with the idea of buy gold in grams instead of buying in oz. Anything thoughts on buying gold in grams?
    They would be easier to use to purchase goods if needed...
    leave the gun... take the cannoli...

In times of strength prepare for times of weakness...

Quote Originally Posted by HatetosayItoldyouso... View Post
    They would be easier to use to purchase goods if needed...
    thats kinda what I was thinking. Because what I don't like about buying gold in ounces is you lock up so much wealth in one spot. In the long haul that is okay, but to me its like needing a dime and only having hundred dollar bills. not to mention I can afford to buy in grams
    Vox Populi!

Mountains & Lakes of the extreme NorthEast

Prices might go up, if you are buying a bag of rice then pull a gold bar out and are looking for change. This is one reason I put silver on the list too.

Interesting comparison of Apmex to Silver.com is that A ships fully insured. I have had the counter person at the PO ask me if it's gold or silver..... I tell him it is plumbing parts (lol). I live in a small town, not good for that gossip.

Silver.com ships in plain wrapper, with no extra insurance. The counter guy lifts it up, looks at the from address and can't think of a way to ask me what it is. (I do a lot of plumbing.... haha)

Just an FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by Winni View Post
    Prices might go up, if you are buying a bag of rice then pull a gold bar out and are looking for change. This is one reason I put silver on the list too.

Interesting comparison of Apmex to Silver.com is that A ships fully insured. I have had the counter person at the PO ask me if it's gold or silver..... I tell him it is plumbing parts (lol). I live in a small town, not good for that gossip.

Silver.com ships in plain wrapper, with no extra insurance. The counter guy lifts it up, looks at the from address and can't think of a way to ask me what it is. (I do a lot of plumbing.... haha)

Just an FYI.
    Provident Metals ships with a shipping label that does not lead you on as to what is in the package. So I have used them a lot for my silver purchases.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Quote Originally Posted by Winni View Post

Just an FYI.
    they shipped it to me a brown box from a p.o box. So no name on the package. I am trying to decide if I should cut them out of this clear air tight package they are in and put them in a sure safe box I bought for them.
    Vox Populi!

All the major dealers I have purchased from have shipped with just their initials and return address so no one would know for sure what was in the package. From the weight anyone would assume it was something made of metal inside but just what would be anyone's guess.

One reason old timers carried gold chains is so they could cut a few links off to pay for goods.