Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Natural toothpaste / Essential oils

Default Natural toothpaste / Essential oils

Been using the Dr Bonners anise toothpaste last couple months. Like the anise but this stuff has flouride and sls in it.

Been looking for a sls n flouride free toothpaste wondering if anyone had recommendations?

Looked at a site last nite called earthpaste.

Tom's of Maine has a couple options.

2 part thread!

Essential Oils, the stuff our bodies don't produce on their own that we need more of.

Has anyone looked into long term shelf stability of say gel fish oil capsules? If I were to stuff some in a 5gal bucket of preps what be best alternative for expected 3-10yr shelf life?

Just taking the steps to move away from all the extra chemicals in things we don't really need to what our bodies are lacking.

My with got into Young Living essential oils and this is the tooth paste that I currently use;

https://www.youngliving.com/en_US/pr...ght-toothpaste

At first it kind of had a chalky taste to it but I don't notice it now. None of the bad stuff either.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

The Young Living Oils is the good stuff from my experience. It ain't cheap. I had some pre cancerous stuff on my lip show up after a severe sunburn at the coast. ?Started using it religiously and it really helped clear it up. Have not looked for their toothpaste.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Baking soda.
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

I heard crushed coal is also a good alternative with some water.

a brand called jason. you can get it at whole foods.

Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    Baking soda.
    OK, my personal baking soda story. I hated working morning tour on drilling rigs. My body just didn't do well working nights. I'd start hitting coffee about midnight, and by about 2 am the indigestion is getting pretty bad. No prob, we use baking soda in the drilling fluid to counter drilling out cement. I took my coffee cup out there, busted open a bag and reached in and scooped out what seemed like about the right amount. It's dark out at the chemicals. Next stop is the water can where I aded water and swirled the cup to mix, and then finished filling with water. Bottoms up, I killed that cup, and proceeded to blow gas out of every available orifice. Thought I was going to explode. Got rid of that indigestion, but damn near died. Paid more attention after that, with portioning.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

LOL!!! King, I just blew wine out of my nose!

Everything in moderation kingy.

Use baking soda to raise ph in my water sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    Baking soda.
    Mix some salt with it.
    Can't remember the reason why, but there is a reason.

I was told that back in the 50s/60s.

Now that I think about it, baking soda loosens the gums and the salt will counteract that.
    Last edited by Nicor; 06-28-2016 at 10:46 PM.