Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Natural toothpaste / Essential oils

Quote Originally Posted by Alredneck View Post
    Essential Oils, the stuff our bodies don't produce on their own that we need more of.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Essential_oil
    "An oil is "essential" in the sense that it contains the "essence of" the plant's fragrance—the characteristic fragrance of the plant from which it is derived.[1] The term essential used here does not mean indispensable as with the terms essential amino acid or essential fatty acid which are so called since they are nutritionally required by a given living organism.[2]"

Please don't confuse the two.
    "The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time." --- Richard Nixon

I'm not wrote it wrong.

There was a article I read the other day talking about using essential oils with some kinda of gel caps which I was thinking was the same as used with efa's

Been wondering how long oils would last before oxidizing or turning into resin.

Essential oils can be used in aromatherapy, applied directly to the skin, or some can be ingested.

But also wondering now what the shelf life of efa's are.

Quote Originally Posted by Alredneck View Post
    I'm not wrote it wrong.

There was a article I read the other day talking about using essential oils with some kinda of gel caps which I was thinking was the same as used with efa's

Been wondering how long oils would last before oxidizing or turning into resin.

Essential oils can be used in aromatherapy, applied directly to the skin, or some can be ingested.

But also wondering now what the shelf life of efa's are.
    cool!

I would not go the fish oil route if you want to store it long term.
    The article I linked underneath seams to suggest your fish oil capsules might be rancid even before you buy them - mostly due to poor practices in manufacturing, transportation and storage.
    Maybe try seeds?
    I also would not ingest any essential oils - you have no way of knowing what's in them or in what concentration.

http://www.appexstore.no/Handler.ash...6b&format=.pdf
    "A study conducted
    in 2010 by Nofima, Europe’s largest
    institute for applied research within the fields
    of fisheries, aquaculture and food, revealed
    that the vast majority of omega-3 fish oil
    supplements are rancid. Of the more than 100
    brands tested in the study, half could not even
    be tested because of they contained excessive
    amounts of added substances. Of the 56 products
    that passed on for inspection, 95 percent
    did not meet industry standards for basic
    consumption (1,3)!"
    "The jawbone of an ass is just as dangerous a weapon today as in Sampson's time." --- Richard Nixon

^ I've looked at storing nuts, like peanuts ,pecans n such but they say the shelf life on them could be 6 mos or less.

Sometimes I wonder what we pay the fda for, huge misconceptions among products in the market place. Changing the definitions of what is natural.

Salt and soda toothpaste :

2/3 cup baking soda , 1 teaspoon fine sea salt, 1-2 teaspoons peppermint extract or your favorite flavor. Add water to desired consistency.