Thread: the book and dentist

Default the book and dentist

Are any of yall aware that there is a pdf on herbal medicines in print? I happened to get my hands on one free from the library that I used to get online with their computers especially in this website. I just loaned it out to a new friend who comes to visit every week or two weeks.
    Also I broke a tooth off about a month ago and sometime yesterday it really kicked me good. Had no Tylenol, nothing. so I grabbed a hot compress,, unfortunately that just made it bleed more.
    Wen to the dentist this am and they putt me on 500 mg amoxicillin three times a day for 7 days till my jaw settles down so I can have it extracted... 220 for the extraction and its not a molar!!!
    My question is has dentistry been addressed in here and has there been any updates on what we will need when shtf floats it.?
    I don't have time to play catchup and read through all the threads that have been posted in the time slot that I've been gone.

Have ur teeth fixed before shtf. More ya put it off the more expensive it gets.

I want dentures, but because of the teeth I have left it will cost me about $6k.
    It is about $175 to pull each tooth I have left, then $3k for the dentures.

Wow..that is expensive.
    I can get any tooth pulled for $45.00 here.
    Never had to, but I did call for a neighbor that a horse kicked him in the jaw and broke a tooth off.

Nicor, man that is very expensive.
    Do you mean just standard dentures, or implants?
    I know for fact, at Checotah, Okla, there is a big dental outfit there, they'll do the whole thing under $1800.00.
    The dentures were not the cheapest either, they were the next ones up the grade chart.
    The gal I was with had her mouth worked on there.
    Eat it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

these were dentures.
    He fitted a friend of mine for dentures, cant tell them apart from real teeth.

These are somewhat, from what I understand, on the upper end of the scale.

Oh, ok.

I should also be more clear: That price was simple extractions, no infections or digging out teeth, etc..
    And, 3 teeth were already gone, so that saved some too.
    They did it all in one day, had to make one more trip there for denture adjustment.

I've never been to a dentist, hope I never do.
    Eat it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Dropped about 4K last year on dental work....
    Hadn't been in 15 years or so. Last visit was for a tooth gone bad, went back last year when I broke a tooth.
    Ended up with 2 root canals, repair some old fillings and replaced a couple crowns.
    I will say that I am glad I did it and would do it again. ABSOULTY nothing worse than tooth pain!!!!
    I have had kidney stones, broken bones and sternum split to repair a hole in my heart. tooth pain wins hands down.
    Armageddon Catering....Providing All Of Your Post SHTF And TEOTWAWKI Needs.

the dentist told me it would cost 2 grand for the lower set.. that's after the extractions and including the impression. I am going to get the tooth pulled but will have to wait on getting the ones next to it done. I am hoping she will let me get the impression made after this one is pulled and healed up.. soooooo has anyone here bought the necessaries to take of something if shtf comes down to having to do things on the primitive side.. watched a video on you tube of a man pulling a tooth so fast the guy who needed it done didn't even know it had happened... just precautions'