Thread: WTB: AR15 factory trigger group

Default WTB: AR15 factory trigger group

Looking to buy or swap for a complete factory AR15 trigger group for my spare lower if the price is right, and as
    long as the notches have not been stoned, I do that myself to my specs.
    Need a pistol grip too if you have one if in good shape. I have a grip bolt, so that is not needed.
    Eat it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

the andersons are like 42 bucks for everything. but i jjust noticed there not in stock...darn

Ya, my lower is an Anderson, but stripped.

I can order the trigger group wholesale, but thought maybe someone here would have it
    at a good price, and give a chance to buy something on the forum.
    Eat it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Ahhhh.

Ahhhh.,...ok..I think I have it now...Trapper.

Initially I did not understand why you wanted a "Factory Trigger Group."

You have your own specifications to which you yourself tune a factory trigger.

I am aware that the standard AR Trigger is set to military specifications...meaning safety out in the field.

I have handled a few rifles and pistols with competition type triggers and it makes a big difference in how they group. Such an trigger can spoil one once you get accustomed to it.

My Favorite factory trigger is the one on my Thompson Contender. When you thumb back the hammer...and ease the trigger to get the hammer to drop...there is almost no mechanical slack take up...and very light, clean and crisp when the hammer drops..and on the other end....almost no mechanical over travel on the trigger.

This kind of trigger experience can spoil one once one gets accustomed to it. But this is far from a standard military issue trigger.

This has also served as a yardstick by which I measure trigger pulls on different rifles and pistols.

A 1911 with a competitive trigger is also a far cry from Government Issue.

Thanks,
    Orangetom