Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gallstones

Canadian border state that begins with a "M"

Default Gallstones

First off, I'm very skeptical of most homeopathic or natural medicine cures. In general I think a lot of the miraculous results some people claim from the various therapies can be chalked up to either the placebo effect, or that those inclined to try these natural remedies probably also start modifying their lifestyle in more healthy ways (diet, exercise, etc) and that those actions likely had more to do with the results than the snake oil itself. That said...

Last Christmas I had an dull, aching type discomfort in the right upper quadrant of my abdomen that lasted about a week. Not bad pain-wise, maybe a 2 on the 1-10 pain scale. Only noticed it in the evening, we had company visiting so lots of extra foods/snacks we normally don't have eat, plus more alcohol consumption than average. At the time was thinking after the holidays I would make an appt with a Dr to have look. Well the pain went away and I never made that appt. Fast forward to 2 weeks ago and the pain returns, same spot and type, and worse this time, a good "3" on the pain scale and always after dinner. So I decide to google my symptoms to try to figure out what the likely cause might be. After self-diagnosing myself as suffering from no less than at least 14 different, and ultimately fatal ailments, I resolved to call the Dr the next day. Well I'm sitting on the couch that night trying to to get comfortable when I literally feel something draining (maybe even better described as feeling something squirting / flowing) in my right upper quadrant. Holy Sh!t moment for me. I look in the mirror fully expecting to see bruising or jaundice forming, but nothing. BUT, added that symptom to the list and gallstones (partial biliary duct blockage was the squirting sensation) came up as the likely result. Fairly convinced it's gallstones now given all the evidence, start looking into how that is treated. After some reading at reputable medical sites my Holy Sh!t moment fades to more of a "dammit" realization.

So I decide to google on homeopathic remedies, and if you search on "apple juice gallstones" you'll find dozens of the homeopathic cures that I did. Figuring, "what the hell could it hurt to try it?", 8 quarts of apple juice, a gallon of apple cider, 6 days, and a couple of mild laxatives (epsom salts and olive oil) later - they were cholesterol stones, and I'm feeling much better now that they have a new home in my septic tank instead of my gall bladder. No pics in this thread, promise

Now I'm searching this morning on reputable medical sites about treating gallstones with fruit juice and laxatives in case I missed something, and still not finding much from Drs/researchers on it. I'm still skeptical about most homeopathic cures, but besides mentioning this to the Dr on the next routine visit, I'm also going to find a couple cases of canned apple juice to add to the panty. If it happens again now I'll have the placebo effect working in my favor too I guess lol.
    Everything marked, everything 'membered. You wait, you'll see.

You gottabe cateful. My mom had here gb removed. When they went it they found it was gangreenous. Dont put off modern medicine. Just try to avoid it...lol
    3rd leading cause of deathcin the usa is now hospitols.

Quote Originally Posted by driftz240 View Post
    You gottabe cateful. My mom had here gb removed. When they went it they found it was gangreenous. Dont put off modern medicine. Just try to avoid it...lol
    3rd leading cause of deathcin the usa is now hospitols.
    We've got to ban doctors as soon as possible. #sicklivesmatter
    Common sense is so uncommon nowadays it ought to be reclassified as a super power

Quote Originally Posted by ak474u View Post
    We've got to ban doctors as soon as possible. #sicklivesmatter
    Yeah, let me know how that works out for you when you have trauma....
    Good medicine in bad places

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel. MD View Post
    Yeah, let me know how that works out for you when you have trauma....

But but but.... Lol.
    Common sense is so uncommon nowadays it ought to be reclassified as a super power

Trauma is the only reason i go to hospitol....no offense doc,,,

Quote Originally Posted by driftz240 View Post
    Trauma is the only reason i go to hospitol....no offense doc,,,
    Good. I got into emergency medicine for the trauma, not to be a family doctor....

And hospitals are not healthy places: They're full of sick people.
    Good medicine in bad places

doctors kill more people than guns. just sayin.

KC, Misery-- It's Missouri- you have to 'Show Me'...

And MDs with guns is a whole different level...
    leave the gun... take the cannoli...

In times of strength prepare for times of weakness...

KC, Misery-- It's Missouri- you have to 'Show Me'...

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel. MD View Post
    Good. I got into emergency medicine for the trauma, not to be a family doctor....

And hospitals are not healthy places: They're full of sick people.
    Unfortunately, EDs have become primary care facilities...

Hospitals are very unhealthy places... You'd be surprised at how many people work so very hard to get admitted...
    leave the gun... take the cannoli...

In times of strength prepare for times of weakness...