Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello

Welcome aboard the crazy train
    Once during a hunting trip in Remote Alaska I ran out of Twinkie’s and was compelled to live off of of fish and moose meat

Quote Originally Posted by marked View Post
    Welcome from an unrepentant fellow Yankee lol. Lived in Wintaa Haabaa (that's "Winter Harbor" for any non Maine-iac speaking Rebels here) back in the late 80's for 6 months for Navy "C" school. No offense meant, some beautiful country and met some great local folks there. Ate better there than any place I was ever stationed. Besides the fresh lobster and crab, there was a restaurant called the Oronoko (?) near Bangor that served a HUGE cut of prime rib, took like 3 hours to cook but worth every minute of the wait.
    Hi, nice to meet you. Oronoka was a great restaurant. "Food you'll remember" haha. It closed back around '03. A lot of the naval bases are gone now too, not sure about Winter Harbor though. They still build ships in Bath, but that's about all that's left now.

Quote Originally Posted by americanviking View Post
    Welcome!

I would consider bugging in if your AO allows it; however always have a bug out bag and plan ready, the PLAN is the most important part!

Sorry to hear about your young age health issues, that is rough. Hope it doesn't occur in the future and you are better.
    Hi, thanks. What's funny is that pretty much all the problems in my body were removed and replaced with mechanical stuff, so theoretically my cardio system should be far stronger than the typical human, but I've never been in the military and I don't know how everything would hold up under combat level stress, so bugging in is my Plan A.

The good news is that I live in a suburb quite a ways north from Atlanta, so I should be out of range of any realistic nuke targets, and my yard is fenced and big enough to be farmed if necessary. I'd love to till it all up now but my wife has these crazy theories about our son having a backyard to play in, so I'm not allowed

^ store some seeds n tools just in case.

No shame in confederate grey! Rebels believe in property rights!

Welcome

Welcome from Florida.
    Culture shock between Bangor and Atlanta. Ayuh.
    Member: VFW, American Legion, Vietnam Veterans of America, Society of the 5th Infantry Division