Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Serious weather Okla. TX

bad weather passing at 12 miles to N of me.
    two tornados on the ground, one at 12 miles north, and another about 20 miles nw.

Weather channels states storm clouds extend up to 70k feet.

think its going to miss us here.
    I hope.
    Last edited by Nicor; 04-29-2016 at 06:52 PM.

I'm not out of the woods yet, now we have a squawl line coming in from the west, about an hour from now.
    70 to 80mph winds they keep saying, in the bows of the line. Hope it dies down some.

I stated before that I need at least 10 minutes or so to get my father into the above ground shelter, so I've been watching/listening close.
    He's tired from sitting in the wheelchair most of afternoon on standby.

I think in 2 hours it will all blow by.

147.000 and 145.330 frequencies were very busy with all the reports of rotations, funnel clouds, then the tornado's due south of me, just minutes the crow flies.
    TV weather was non-stop for a long time.

Sounds like most of ya'll north Texas folks that I know of are ok.
    Eat it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

East and North East Texas is gonna get hammered. Just passing us now. Hell of a light show and lots of rain! Not much wind though.
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

I do hope everyone made it through that alright without damage or injuries.

Like Camouflaged said, for us here it was the same.
    I am surprised that with as much as the weather was cutting up here that there was barely any high winds.
    Had gone outside and tied everything down that I though might not stay put.

Lindale and north got hit. Tornado through parts of Lindale with some injuries and overturned 18 wheelers.

My wife and I were heading south on 281 yesterday when the sky started to look really, really bad. So we turned off on to back roads and went around it as best we could, back to 281 in Lampasas. As we were approaching lampasas, everything started having a green hue and the rain sfopped. I put the hammer down and we got out of there. Shortly after that a weather bulletin came across the radio stating there was half dollar size hail where we just were. That would have done some damage to the car since we were doing 85 mph.

We got to the condo late last night right before different storms hit north of San anton. We had some VERY high winds and a lot of lightning. I got up this morning to find a bunch of wind damage to the condo.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

looks like it is coming my way this afternoon.

Backpacker will get it first, almost on top of him. Me an hour later or so.

This is the same storm path (NorthEasterly) that rode up our valleys in 2011 and produced 5 tornado's that killed 7

Quote Originally Posted by 91CavGT View Post
    My wife and I were heading south on 281 yesterday when the sky started to look really, really bad. So we turned off on to back roads and went around it as best we could, back to 281 in Lampasas. As we were approaching lampasas, everything started having a green hue and the rain sfopped. I put the hammer down and we got out of there. Shortly after that a weather bulletin came across the radio stating there was half dollar size hail where we just were. That would have done some damage to the car since we were doing 85 mph.

We got to the condo late last night right before different storms hit north of San anton. We had some VERY high winds and a lot of lightning. I got up this morning to find a bunch of wind damage to the condo.
    ^ that's how people can get thru some of the worst that is coming over the next few years. Watch n see how the sky changes colors. There are signs people don't know how to read.

Those yellow green skies make me uneasy. I hope the damage to your condo was minimal.

Summerville is having to open up the gates wide open again. The lake is right at capacity. Haven't heard anything about Bryan lake yet but i'm pretty sure it's up there. The Brazo and little Brazos rivers, The Trinity and Navasota rivers and Big Sandy creek is damn near touching the bottom of the bridges.

Last time we had this much rain over a spand of a few days, all of our immediate FM bridges washed out and we were stranded and couldn't get out in any direction by vehicle. We had to leave hubs truck on the other side and i'd meet him after work and paddle his kayak over to him to get home and the same to get him to his truck in the morning. The first two nights he stayed in the hotel in town. Our Kayaks stayed on the trucks for two weeks while the county built us a new bridge.
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

Hope everyone in south/central Okla. and very north Texas (Paris area) are ok.

I had to go to the cellar a while ago, tornado came within a mile of me, and went to southside of Durant.
    Same storm producing 2 tornado's now near Hugo, Soper area.

Milburn, Okla. confirmed casualties.

North of Atoka, Ok. damage.

Garvin county (Okla) had one mile wide tornado, confirmed casualties.

And...hail got my garden again. I'm not planting any more.
    This is the 4th time, and I'm done.
    One window broke out, just replaced that a few weeks back. I got some plastic up till tomorrow.
    Got elec. oddly enough.
    Eat it up, wear it out, make it do or do without.

Stay safe all!
    "Improvise, adapt & overcome"
    Clint Eastwood - Heartbreak Ridge